“Amazing BBQ ”

Ranked #11 of 305 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A cute & cozy BBQ joint specializing in FRESH hickory smoked meats. Located just 1.5 miles from I-73, exit 273.
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

I'm from Ohio was heading to Florida we was looking for lunch and saw shantys so glad we did we have nothing that even comes close to this BBQ in Ohio it was so good had the ribs and Mac and cheese the Mac and cheese is the best as well if ur in the area and u want some good bbq for a good price it's a must

Chic D, Owner at Big Shanty Smokehouse BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Thanks for the great review! Hope you can stop back by next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Big Shanty BBQ never fails to deliver. If you live for BBQ this is a must visit when here in Kennesaw. My favorite lunch is the pork platter with 2 sides. Sauce is 2nd to None.

Thanks for the great review Matthew!

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

Always great! Consistent! Excellent desserts! Catering is good! What else is there to say! Service excellent!

We really appreciate your great review Barbara.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Like so many good BBQ spots Big Shanty is not much to look at from the outside. I pulled up and parked and was greeted with the smell of a wood cooker sitting out front. When I first stepped inside I did not think there was much seating but they have plenty down a small set of steps. They also have a nice patio for cooler days.
The menu is straight forward. You order at the counter and they bring your meal out to you. I opted to try the pulled pork (they also offered it chopped) platter. It comes with two pieces of white bread and some pickles. You also get to choose two sides. I tried the potato salad and one of the “sides of the day” steamed cabbage. You also get a small container of sauce and there is a bottle on the table of “hot sauce”.
I tried the meat first. Not much smoke to the flavor on this day, but otherwise it was good. Not too fatty the BBQ seemed clean. The portion size of the meat was good. I was not going to leave hungry. The BBQ sauce was solid. I tend to like a more vinegar based sauce but I enjoyed theirs. The hot sauce had nice heat to it. The potato salad was great. It was yellow and reminded me of having it at home as a kid. The cabbage was good too. All in all I enjoyed my meal. I don’t know if it is destination worthy as Atlanta has a lot of other good spots all over town, but anytime I’m in the area and craving BBQ I’d be happy to go back.

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

We really enjoy the bbq and side dishes offered. Because I am health conscious, I would like to see a few more healthy side options. Also, cornbread instead of,a,piece of loaf bread.