“Awsome Hotel”

Ranked #34 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
West Yellowstone, Montana
“Awsome Hotel”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We loved our stay at the crowne plaza, we had a room with a great view of the space needle and enjoyed a walk to some many of the local attractions in the area. Service was everything we expected. Would love to come back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Korean first
Sedro Woolley, Washington
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the Washington Coalition for Open Government 2012 conference up the block on night of March 9-10. Arranged for my stay a few months before so I could get best available rate. Was able to check in at 10 am and take my bag up, declined to accept a $100 hold on my debit card though simply because I wanted in-room WiFi. Found the suite great with a nice desk strong enough to take my 30lb bag + big enough to let me clutter, a nice sofa, a refrigerator, complimentary coffee, a closet and a very comfortable bed. Not to mention a great view and an even better job done by housekeeping.

Also very nice to have the business center to check on e-mail & Facebook on the fourth floor. I was the only person using the already-paid for internet though at 4:30 PM and then 10:30 PM for two half-hour sojourns on a Friday night, though. Felt very safe inside the hotel, what with the elevators across from the front desk.

Do appreciate that the hotel is three blocks downhill along Seneca Street and then on 3rd Avenue is a staircase to the light rail. Only a bit longer walk to the waterfront & the ferries.

I did take a few pictures of the suite. Hopefully shows the good work by housekeeping.

Finally, I'd recommend the hotel for anybody NOT on a tight budget... very comfortable AND QUIET place. Couldn't hear anybody else nor the elevator from my suite during my stay.

Room Tip: Go through CPHotelSeattle.com & after clicking reservations click "Best Available Rate"...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Good clean comfortable hotel. Staff are helpful and friendly. We booked via Hotwire and were rather shocked to see parking at $40 per night (once taxes included) and wi-fi at $10 per day. Lesson learned on Hotwire there.

Only complaint with the hotel was the noisy rooms. We thought the air conditioning was stuck on, so had the engineer up to our room to check (the guy came quickly, even though it was midnight). We were told that the noise was coming from the wind gushing past the vent, it wasn't air conditioning at all, and the noise couldn't be stopped. Every room is like that! Thankfully we had ear plugs, there was no way we were going to sleep with that noise. Have never been in a hotel like that. Sadly would not go back to this hotel for this reason.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lighty1966
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Lighty1966,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I assure you our parking fee is comparable to what you would normally find for
downtown Seattle. You comments on the wind coming through the vents
will be shared and looked into. Thank you again.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed here twice during the month of January and enjoyed both stays. They have a wonderful complimentary wine tasting in the early evening and they were very accommodating with any of our needs. The location is outstanding and parking, although not free, was very quick and easy. They allowed us to leave our car long after our check out time so we stayed in town and shopped after our stay. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vicki M
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have have stayed a couple times at the Crowne Plaza Seattle and have been pleased both times. The staff has always been friendly and willing to accommodate my special requests. All three rooms I've stayed in have been clean, large, and have had great views of the city. I have been pleased by the club-level snack provided in mornings and evenings with a wide selection and fresh fruit and vegetables, along with a selection of hot food in the evening. The hotel is conveniently located near hundreds of restaurants and is within walking distance of many tourist attractions and shopping. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family