“Seattle at your doorstep”

Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle
Ranked #13 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stayed for two nights in February 2012 while attending the Garden show at the Convention center. We had a snug and tasteful room with a king bed on the 10th floor - very comfortable and well furnished. Very friendly and professional staff. I filled out one of their comment cards with a minor complaint (we found the tv system cumbersome) and I actualy received an e mail from the hotel management! Never had that happen before.
Great location right next to the very cool looking Seattle Public Library. About 8 minutes walk to the Convention Center and/or the major shopping stores (Macy's etc). 10 minutes walk to the Pike street market (try the Steelhead Diner for a good meal high energy spot).
If you are going to Seattle Center, the monorail is about 8 minutes walk away but if you want to walk it, you have a good 30 - 40 min urban hike on your hands. Restaurant is very good and their evening wine reception is quite nice. It starts at 5 and if you want a tasty free appy, you best be there on time. Lots of wine, however, which is very nice. Morning coffee service (free) in the lobby has very good coffee but then, this is Seattle, right? Tip - park your car for the weekend and walk around - dont drive. Its not that Seattle drivers are unfriendly, its just so nice to walk. Summary: Charming and comfortable heritage hotel in a superb location. Easy I5 freeway access and exit too. What's not to like?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Was recently on business in Seattle, stayed 4 nights Sunday-Thursday.

The hotel itself is in an older building that has been redone. Warm, rich woods and colors. Makes you feel at home. Yes, the lobby is small, but seriously, how much time will you spend there?

I was warmly greeted when I arrived at 7pm Sunday night. The desk staff were quick and efficient. Noted that I was staying a while, gave me some tips on where to go and what to see. Also informed of the hours the restaurant and fitness room are open.

I was upgraded to room 1108 on the top floor - a King Premier Suite. I would strongly suggest you somehow get this room! It was amazing, overlooking the city library, the skyline, and the courthouse. I could have spent all night just looking out the wall of windows! The suite had a sitting area with chair and sleeper sofa, nice sized flat-screen tv, fridge/dresser, and coffee table. The king bed was ridiculously comfortable, the bathroom updates with granite. It was a wonderful room.

The week flew by, all the while the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Checkout was a breeze, and they even held my bag for me so I didn't have to lug it to a business meeting. Oh, and they found my cell charger that I'd left in my room! Above and beyond.

The hotel, as others have noted, is close to I-5, and while you can hear some traffic during the day, at night this is a non issue. I even had my window open one night.

For the money, you can't find a better property than this. Breakfast downstairs at Tulio was tasty and reasonable, and be sure to join In Touch to get free wifi and perks.

To sum it all up - STAY HERE. You definitely won't have any regrets doing so. No surprise that it is #11 of all hotels in the Seattle area.

Room Tip: I was in 1108 -- it is on the south side overlooking the library and courthouse. I'd suggest a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kjwzoom
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Redalaro;
I love it when guests spend some time with us and get to know how much we enjoy taking care of our out of town travelers. Your review is posted in our back office. Thank you for spending your time letting other travelers know the details of your experience. Again, from myself and our staff your words are gratefully appreciated. Enjoying the Sun in Setatle today and sending some your way! Sandy Burkett, General Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I used to frequent this hotel when I travelled to Seattle for business over 10 years ago. We stayed here for one night last weekend during a quick family getaway to the Northwest and I had to stay at the Vintage Park Hotel. Everything was smooth and comfy! Parking was easy (though of course it's not cheap overnight in the city), check in was fast, our room was clean and oh so cozy. Though small, the fitness center equipment is top notch and everything was clean. The coffee service in the lobby in the morning is nice and unfortunately we missed the evening wine tasting in the lobby.
Love this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear TLWhite:
Thank you for first of all choosing to come back when you were here in Seattle for pleasure. It always makes us happy to see our frequent guests return. The convenience of our location hopefully helped you feel right at home during your brief visit. We are grateful that we had left you with such a great feeling of being cared for that you allowed us to serve you during your most recent trip. Please don't wait so long next time to get back up here to the beautiful PNW. We would love to have some of the sunshine that you enjoy where you are. Until next time....
All the best in the year ahead and thanks again for your generous review!
Sandy Burkett
Vintage Park

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Stayed here two nights, bookends for a cruise to Alaska. Bellman and Concierge were standouts and very knowledgeable about the area. We stayed in one King Suite and with an adjoining double queen room for our teenage kids. The guestrooms were quite large, especially the king suite. Loved, loved, loved the beds! Bathrooms were very luxurious, guestrooms were very quiet, and I never heard a peep from the elevator across the hall. Very convenient location, in the business district, but also very close to tourist attractions. Easy and enjoyable walk to Pike's Place Market and the Waterfront. We LOVE Seattle and would visit more often, were it not for the 7 hour flight. The Vintage gets high marks from this very particular traveler. Breakfast: La Panier, WOW..must go. Lunch: "Some Pig" Food truck at 2nd and Front Streets - Mon thru Fri Dinner: Ivar's Seafood on the waterfront.

Room Tip: Pay extra for an upgrade! Loved having two full baths, two tv's with a family of five!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Thank you "Vacationmom" for your outstanding review of your experience here at our hotel! The staff here at the Vintage read the reviews that we recieve. Louis, Dee, Geoff and our team can see by your post the appreciation that you have shared with potential Seattle visitors. Again, our gratitude for your post and we look forward to being your home in greater Puget Sound on your next 7 hour journey! It is our great pleasure to be of service.
All the best in 2012,
Sandy Burkett
Vintage Park

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We have zero complaints about this hotel. Reasonable prices, easy access to valet parking (and a covered off-street loading zone), super location near 5th and Seneca. We checked in very late and Brady on the front desk rocked. Our room was fantastic - spacious with large windows. We were there for 2 nights and really did not want to leave. We'll definitely return to the Vintage Park when we pass thru Seattle again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business