Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center
US$280
US$629
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
All reviewsspace needlepancake machineroom was cleanfree breakfastemerald grillaurora avenuefront desk staffwithin walking distanceminute walkindoor poolfew blocksthe breakfast areaother attractionsemp museumyogurtalaskan cruiseking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Wasn't expecting a spectacular experience or anything, but this was a decent, clean and affordable hotel. Good service, good location.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Thank you for staying with us! Please come see us again.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I left a review about being told I would get one room then didn't get what I was told. The manger called me and totally made it up to my family. Thank you sooo much.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was a nice hotel in a great location. We could see the Space Needle out our window - we were only a few blocks away. There is a monorail you can catch at the Space Needle to take you downtown. We did not use this option so I don't know how much it cost but the convenience is great considering parking in the downtown area can be hard to come by and expensive.
It was also easy to get on and off the freeway. The bathroom shower was perfect in my opinion - I can't stand a stream with no strength and this one was great. The breakfast and free internet were much appreciated and certainly helped with our expenses on this trip. Parking was fairly easy although there was one night where we got the very last spot so I am not sure what would have happened if we had returned any later. There were also a few spaces that looked like they would be pretty tight to get into.
Probably the biggest negative was the noise we could hear from the busy road outside. This was probably worse for us as we were on the second floor and right on the road - a higher floor or a room on the other side (the alley side) might be quieter. I am not sure if were given this room specifically because we purchased the room through Hotwire - sometimes I think the worst rooms are given to Hotwire clients since they are paying less. We may have noticed it more because we live in a very quiet area where there is virtually no noise outside at night.
The breakfast could be better but I have also seen much worse. I would like to see them label the offerings each day - there were 2 different days that omelets were offered but it was not clear what was in them. There was a sign in the elevator but we took the stairs each day because the wait for the elevator could be pretty long and we were only on the 2nd floor.
The room was comfortable - we had a queen and a sleeper sofa, a refrigerator, and a microwave. The biggest issue was that when the sleeper was pulled out (which for us was the whole time) there was no room for the chair to be moved around at the desk. I solved this by moving the whole desk closer to the TV.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TahoeMother
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for such detailed feedback! The Monorail is $2/person, one-way, and it is a great and fun way to travel directly to the heart of the shopping district downtown. Something important to keep in mind when booking through a third party, such as Hotwire, is that room types are not always guaranteed. Our valued Hotwire and Priceline guests are given the best rooms we have available at the time of check in. Unfortunately, the room type available is not always the room type preferred. In this case, I am so glad we were able to offer an upgrade from a standard room to a queen studio suite. Our standard rooms do not have mini-fridges or microwaves, and very few of them offer Space Needle views. For some of our guests, the city and street noise from Aurora can be disturbing, but in most cases, we certainly can honor requests for different floors. The best way to let us know your request is by calling the hotel directly. We will do our utmost to ensure you are satisfied with your accommodations.

I'm greatly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you shared your experience with others. If at any time we can be of assistance during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact either myself or one of our friendly Guest Service Agents directly.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Pretty much got what I expected from a holiday inn express. The hotel seems to me to be a little on the old side, but it's not too bad and the hotel made up for it by a number of factors: Price was good at 80 $ plus. I got upgraded to a spa suite with a nice big bath tub in recognition of my platin status, I guess. So I had a room with a lot of space and a nice sitting area, as well as a small kitchen. The location is pretty good for a budget hotel. A brisk ten-minute-walk gets you smack into the city center and to the delightfull pikes place market. You get a view of the space needle, which is especially nice at night if, like me, you don't mind a bit of traffic noise - not much, though. Breakfast was also quite good, in a comfortable room, and I always appreciate the 24h free coffee.

Should I get back to Seattle on a budget, I will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank wicketo
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

We would love to have you back!

Our location is definitely one of our most appealing benefits. We are a perfect location for coming to visit the Pacific Science Centers King Tut Exhibition starting in May. It is just a quick 5 to 10 minute walk to the Center, so you don't have to hassle with finding and then paying for parking. We also have packages available to book online. If you book your package before March 31st, we'll throw in a couple of audio tour tickets for free!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed two nights in Feb at this hotel and I must say when I booked and then looked up the comments I was a little hesitant, there seemed a lot of negative comments. However, please disregard most of those, We found this hotel clean, comfy, the staff going over the top to help us with finding places to eat, help us out in any way possible. The "free" breakfast is very good and lots of varieties. Not sure how any one can complain about that.
If you do not have your laptop with you they have computers ready for you to use, no cost either.
We will certainly be back and have no hesitations to recommend this hotel to any one who is interested, disregard the complainers , no doubt not much will please them on any given day.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words! I greatly appreciate the time you took to share your comments. We strive to provide an enjoyable and memorable experience for our guests, and I am so glad we were able to achieve this goal for you and your party. Our expansive breakfast is certainly a crowd pleaser with something for everyone. And we have a great front desk staff with a great deal of local information and an passion for service. I will definitely pass along your kudos to them.