“Great Hotel Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center

Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center
Ranked #69 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, BC
“Great Hotel Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I actually stayed in November, but in looking for another hotel on this site, realized that I should have written a review, as it was such a great stay. The rooms were well appointed, the staff were outstanding, and the hot breakfast added even more to the great value of staying at this hotel. The location is outstanding, making downtown Seattle a great walking destination. The parking was easy to use and reasonably priced. Really - I'll return again and again to this location when travelling to Seattle.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank HIMetrotown
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel! It's greatly appreciated. We look forward to having you back!

Darcy Hambrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Wasn't expecting a spectacular experience or anything, but this was a decent, clean and affordable hotel. Good service, good location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Thank you for staying with us! Please come see us again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I left a review about being told I would get one room then didn't get what I was told. The manger called me and totally made it up to my family. Thank you sooo much.

• Stayed February 2012
Incline Village, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was a nice hotel in a great location. We could see the Space Needle out our window - we were only a few blocks away. There is a monorail you can catch at the Space Needle to take you downtown. We did not use this option so I don't know how much it cost but the convenience is great considering parking in the downtown area can be hard to come by and expensive.
It was also easy to get on and off the freeway. The bathroom shower was perfect in my opinion - I can't stand a stream with no strength and this one was great. The breakfast and free internet were much appreciated and certainly helped with our expenses on this trip. Parking was fairly easy although there was one night where we got the very last spot so I am not sure what would have happened if we had returned any later. There were also a few spaces that looked like they would be pretty tight to get into.
Probably the biggest negative was the noise we could hear from the busy road outside. This was probably worse for us as we were on the second floor and right on the road - a higher floor or a room on the other side (the alley side) might be quieter. I am not sure if were given this room specifically because we purchased the room through Hotwire - sometimes I think the worst rooms are given to Hotwire clients since they are paying less. We may have noticed it more because we live in a very quiet area where there is virtually no noise outside at night.
The breakfast could be better but I have also seen much worse. I would like to see them label the offerings each day - there were 2 different days that omelets were offered but it was not clear what was in them. There was a sign in the elevator but we took the stairs each day because the wait for the elevator could be pretty long and we were only on the 2nd floor.
The room was comfortable - we had a queen and a sleeper sofa, a refrigerator, and a microwave. The biggest issue was that when the sleeper was pulled out (which for us was the whole time) there was no room for the chair to be moved around at the desk. I solved this by moving the whole desk closer to the TV.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TahoeMother
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for such detailed feedback! The Monorail is $2/person, one-way, and it is a great and fun way to travel directly to the heart of the shopping district downtown. Something important to keep in mind when booking through a third party, such as Hotwire, is that room types are not always guaranteed. Our valued Hotwire and Priceline guests are given the best rooms we have available at the time of check in. Unfortunately, the room type available is not always the room type preferred. In this case, I am so glad we were able to offer an upgrade from a standard room to a queen studio suite. Our standard rooms do not have mini-fridges or microwaves, and very few of them offer Space Needle views. For some of our guests, the city and street noise from Aurora can be disturbing, but in most cases, we certainly can honor requests for different floors. The best way to let us know your request is by calling the hotel directly. We will do our utmost to ensure you are satisfied with your accommodations.

I'm greatly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you shared your experience with others. If at any time we can be of assistance during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact either myself or one of our friendly Guest Service Agents directly.

Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Pretty much got what I expected from a holiday inn express. The hotel seems to me to be a little on the old side, but it's not too bad and the hotel made up for it by a number of factors: Price was good at 80 $ plus. I got upgraded to a spa suite with a nice big bath tub in recognition of my platin status, I guess. So I had a room with a lot of space and a nice sitting area, as well as a small kitchen. The location is pretty good for a budget hotel. A brisk ten-minute-walk gets you smack into the city center and to the delightfull pikes place market. You get a view of the space needle, which is especially nice at night if, like me, you don't mind a bit of traffic noise - not much, though. Breakfast was also quite good, in a comfortable room, and I always appreciate the 24h free coffee.

Should I get back to Seattle on a budget, I will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank wicketo
dhambrick, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
We would love to have you back!

Our location is definitely one of our most appealing benefits. We are a perfect location for coming to visit the Pacific Science Centers King Tut Exhibition starting in May. It is just a quick 5 to 10 minute walk to the Center, so you don't have to hassle with finding and then paying for parking. We also have packages available to book online. If you book your package before March 31st, we'll throw in a couple of audio tour tickets for free!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your return.