“Tasty Sauce Good Service Fresh Crab”
Review of crawfish king

crawfish king
Ranked #2,211 of 4,454 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Seafood Boil done right. Choose from our array of different Seafood items that we offer choose any add-ons, toss with a sauce of your choosing and spice level and dig right in a messy eating right on your table.
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Ordered crawfish and crab with cajun sauce and house special sauce. I really enjoyed the spicy one as it gives a real kick if you love spicy taste. The other one is mild and equally tasty. I'd replace crawfish with shrimp next time. Crab is fresh and sweet.

Service is great and the guy was not annoyed at all by one million questions I asked. I quite like the local bear he recommended.

Strongly recommend!!

Reviewed 3 January 2016

We have always gone to the Boiling Crab restaurants in California and Vegas and this place cannot even get close to it. They have a great variety of food in their menu. While the fried stuff and entrée complete with 2 sides are decently priced, their pricing for seafood such as shrimp 15.99 a lb, crab 47.99 a lb, etc is too much, given we are in Seattle. We ordered a pound of shrimp and it came with 18 shrimps, mind you, we eat shrimp every week and there is no way that the small shrimp we were served was 1 pound. It should have been more pieces. we ordered fried oysters, fried okra, gumbo and jambalaya. Both the fried food were good but the other two were mediocre. I will take my money elsewhere next time because our dinner was from far from satisfying.

1  Thank DTravelDiva
TorreyLe, Owner at crawfish king, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

We are sorry you had a bad experience at Crawfish King. We believe our pricing our priced reasonable being in our location. As for our Dungeness Crab that is 47.99 ea and not lb. All our Dungeness crabs weigh between 1.8 to 2.10 lb a whole crab which are really 23.99 lb. We took your opinion by the horns and made some changes to our gumbo and jambalaya. We hoped you are able to come and try us again. We are glad you love our fried foods.

Crawfish King Team

Reviewed 30 March 2015

I lived in New Orleans for 2 years and this place is absolute garbage. It is not authentic cajun food. While the servers were nice the food was absolutely atrocious. I ordered two pounds of crawfish and gumbo. The gumbo was way too salty and there definitely wasn't enough of it for $7. The crawfish was a joke. It looks like they boiled the crawfish and then dumped some oily "ragin cajun" stuff on top which made the crawfish bland. This restaurant is overpriced as well. I looked at the menu and they were offering dungess crab, and lobster for $32.99 a pound when you can go down the street to Uwajimaya and get the same items for $15-20 a pound. Crawfish was also $9.99/lb. In short avoid this crappy, ridiculous excuse for a "cajun" restaurant.

3  Thank Stallworth
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Food was good and filling. Sever was excellent explained how everything worked on the menu. My only concern was the dirty bathrooms makes me wonder what the standards are in the kitchen. Food was good

Reviewed 1 January 2014

On New Year's Eve (12/31/13) my friends and I went to Crawfish King. They had dined there before and were excited to bring me. We arrived at approximately 8:00 pm. The place was mostly empty (not a good sign). The first thing the waiter told us was that they had run out of Jambalaya & Gumbo (not a good sign). It was dinner time! According to my friends the food and service had fallen greatly from their last visit. We were however, automatically charged 18% tip despite poor food & service. There are better creole/cajun restaurants in Seattle. I honestly cannot recommend Crawfish King. My friends and I won't be back. Sad!

1  Thank Philippe J

Been to crawfish king? Share your experiences!