“Excellent Deli”
Review of DeLaurenti

DeLaurenti
Ranked #20 of 204 Shopping in Seattle
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Perhaps I was exceptionally hungry when we stopped at DeLaurenti, but I loved the grinder. It had good texture and flavor. Lots of crunch. My husband liked the pizza as well as the other half of one of the girl's sandwich. She didn't like it so much but he did.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

This place. Oh my. I could stay for hours. The only reason I didn't buy tons is because we didn't have room in our suitcase. I probably should've bought another suitcase. Cheese, olive oils, vinegars, wine, craft sodas, etc., etc. There's stuff from all over the world--don't be intimidated! The staff is friendly and helpful, so ask questions. After wandering around visually feasting on everything, I limited myself to some locally made toffee and some Italian lemon cookies. I wish I could remember the name, but they were shaped sort of like an S--soft, buttery lemon cookie with a tart lemon glaze rhapsody for your mouth. If I can find them online, I'm ordering more.

We didn't eat at their cafe, which was probably a mistake, but we'd been eating all day by this point. It was our last stop at the market, so you might want to make it your first.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

If you love Italian food and food stuffs, this is the place. I love it here. They have everything. I sometimes just walk around inside to enjoy the smells.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

I was a bit intimidated by the expansive cheese selection. However, Robin behind the counter was incredibly helpful. She offered several samples and found us wonderful cheeses in our price range.
We returned the next day, and she was just as friendly and helpful. She also recommended, at our request for her favorite places, a local park and cafe.
The shop has a wide variety of treats, and I would definitely recommend a visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 May 2016

If I lived in Seattle, I'd probably shop here a couple of times a month. Doesn't hurt that it's near great produce stands in The Market. Great cheese selection, and the meat section is wonderful, featuring a great array of cured meats. All sorts os stuff for making Italian dinners, including my two favorite dried pastas, DeCecco and Rusticella. Once you take in all the food, go upstairs to check out the wines: a very good selection at reasonable prices. They also have a nice little cafe, but we didn't visit that. It was hoppin', tho.

It's not often that a food shop is a destination, but Delaurenti's warrants a visit.