“The Best French Bakery Outside of France”
Review of Le Panier

Le Panier
Ranked #3 of 108 Bakeries in Seattle
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 10 June 2015

This is the temple of butter! You smell it before you even walk in the door. It is what makes their croissants amazing! That and the expertise in French baking. One of the owners id from France and it shows. We love their breakfast croissants with ham and cheese, or spinach and cheese. In season they do an asparagus filled pastry too that is delicious.
Be sure and ask for the tasty apricot or raspberry jam that you can get with your plain croissants free of charge. My favorite treat is the Almadine croissant that is cut in half longwise and smeared with an almond paste that makes me roll my eyes in ecstasy just thinking about it. We have also tried various breads over the course of several visits and thought all were very good.
Don't worry about the long lines as it moves quick. If there is two or more in your party take turns going up front to look over the selection so you are ready when your turn comes.

1  Thank kjtripper

Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

We thought we'd give it a try since there wasn't a long line...we had a ham & cheese...forgot the French name...it was ok. I think the name is what the hype is all about! Wish there was a bag of chips to go with it...haha

Reviewed 9 June 2015

I have never been able to get into this bakery because of the long lines. But when I passed by today at 2 p.m., I noted that I would be able to get waited on immediately. So in I went, my mouth already starting to water at the thought of a French baguette with some kind of tasty filling. Alas, the woman behind the counter told me that they had run out of sandwiches. She suggested a savory puff with asparagus so I ordered that. I also ordered a pistachio macaron, which she said would be better than any that I've eaten in Paris.

She gave me the food at the cash register and I found an empty stool at a long, high, two-sided counter, where I immediately made friends with my neighbors. The asparagus concoction proved to be heavenly. But the macaron disappointed. Though it had the perfect consistency, it had too much sugar and lacked flavor. My favorite place for a macaron remains Carette in Paris.

I can't stop thinking about a baguette. So I will return soon, well before 2 p.m. to finally stand in line.

Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

We ate twice at Le Panier while in Seattle. Both times it was very busy, but we didn't wait long for service and we had no trouble getting a table for two.

The macarons are delish, as were our sandwich and other pastries.

1  Thank H H
Reviewed 9 June 2015

A nice selection of pastries for both breakfast or dessert. Very, very busy so be patient while you wait in line. needs more seating and the staff need to pay attention to clearing tables so others can sit .
Not the best bakery items I've had certainly not a destination,, and expensive too, but worth the stop in if you are in the area.