“One of our treasured places”
Review of Maximilien

Maximilien
Ranked #99 of 4,215 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Pike Street and 1st Avenue
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I just went back recently, and it's better than I remembered. The food is consistently good, and the cocktail action there has gotten much better, IMHO, well done, folks. The moules marniere are out of this world. I'd gladly just take the broth and bread, never mind the mussels. We'll definitely come back every time we're in Seattle.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

The food was great. In fact it was the first time I'd eaten escargot in many, many years and they wer soft,flavorful and not chewy. The fresh Halibut was excellent, too. The n]best part was that we sat side-by-side facing the window over-looking the sound s the sun went sow - very romantic.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Had a impromptu 20 year anniversary dinner here with friends. Great atmosphere, great food, great drinks, great service. The three course menu with wine is an outstanding deal! The escargot was buttery, garlicy and tender. The duck was moist and flavorful and the sides that came with it were great as well...and how can you go wrong finishing it off with Creme Brulee?? I didn't opt for the wine pairing but I think it is even a better deal with that added in!

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Go for the view, not the food or service. The food was decent, but the frittes came to the table cold, and the dipping sauce was not good. The service is very lazy. The manager spent more time shooting the breeze with bar patrons than paying attention to what's going on in the restaurant.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Croque madame didn't look like it was going to be enough but this rich les plat was absolutely delicious! Great food quality and for the price, you can't beat it! My children got the express lunch and loved their meal as well. Sitting outdoors overlooking the water made me forget that I was in the busy Pike Market.