“Outstanding service, great food”
Review of Metropolitan Grill

Metropolitan Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Metropolitan Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 4,451 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Marion
Transit: Second Ave & Marion: MT 131-O, MT 132-O, MT 134-O, MT 143-I, MT 152-O, MT 157-I, MT 158-I, MT 158-O, MT 159-I, MT 159-O MT 161-I, MT 162-I, MT 162-O, MT 170-O, MT 174-O, MT 175-I, MT 175-O, MT 177-O, MT 179-I, MT 179-O MT 19-I, MT 190-O, MT 191-O, MT 192-I, MT 192-O, MT 194-O, MT 196-O, MT 21-I,
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Back again during another in-town vacation...

The food was as good this time as with all of our other visits here. My partner had the twin filets, and I had the fish. Both were cooked exactly the way we requested. We still haven't figured out how to save room for dessert, but we were treated to the preparation of Bananas Foster for two other tables; it looks like more than enough for two couples, so next time we'll bring some friends.

I particularly want to commend Diane for outstanding service. Service here has always been great, but Diane took it to the next level. She was very helpful in selecting both food and wine. We'll be asking for one of her tables on our next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Metropolitan Grill is a fantastic place to eat lunch and relax after a day of sightseeing. Our waitress was sensational and extremely knowledgeable. We loved the onion soup and creme burlee.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We had a family dinner here and were excited about the prospect. My wife ordered a filet medium well. They took it upon themselves to butterfly it without asking and served a medium rare flat pancake piece of steak to the table. They took it back and 5 minutes later brought back an even flatter totally black rare piece of meat. the waiter was very nice but the manager never said a word. Bad management, bad meal, non caring manager

1  Thank Randy G
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

If you were looking for an really nice evening out, visit the Metropolitan grill. The bar is outstanding, the bartender Steve is one of the most wonderful people you’ll ever meet, and the hors d’oeuvres are absolutely fantastic. Add a few pleasant adult beverages and your evening is well on its way to being enjoyable. If you’re looking for something a little bit more formal, dining at “The Met” is an experience in itself. The food is absolutely delicious, the service is wonderful, and the atmosphere is sublime.
Enjoy!

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We went with another couple to celebrate my wife’s birthday. The couple with us ordered the lamb chops, which they said was excellent. My wife ordered the filet, which also was great. I ordered the top sirloin, which I realize is not known to be the most tender of cuts, even yet I was a bit surprised and disappointed to discover how tough and chewy it was, given how red it was when I cut it. I fully understand that there is no way the restaurant can predict how each cut of meat will turn out, but at $42.00, I was expecting a bit more. This is why only four stars. The service was excellent, and my wife was pleased with her birthday dinner, so I guess all is good.