“One of the finest meals of my life.”
Review of Shiro's

Shiro's
Ranked #14 of 4,394 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$21 - US$32
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belltown
Reviewed 28 January 2018

I spent one night in Seattle for work, and was told by several trusted friends that this place had to be my choice for dinner. I got there an hour early to be the first in line, to ensure a seat at the bar.

What followed was a 90 minute dinning experience, with a small group of strangers who all felt like family by the time the meal was over. I went with the omakase option and chef Aaron took me on a culinary adventure that challenged my pallet, but never disappointed.

I would consider this place a bucket list item for anyone spending even a single night in Seattle. Fair warning though, I spent about $160 on dinner for one, and only drank water.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This place.... is worth your money. I would even pay whatever the chef demands to eat their sushi. Simply amazing, and if you go here, you must try the OMAKASE.

1  Thank SeongEun K
Reviewed 17 December 2017

During our trip to Seattle and on Thanksgiving week, my son insisted to visit Shiro's due to high reviews from TripAdvisor. Due to the popularity of the restaurant, he had reserved a table for our family.

The place is rather small but we were properly sit, thanks to the reservation. After looking at the menu and prices, I am a bit concern because the price is expensive: $4 - $5 per piece. I was hoping that it is better be good. My wife did not like Japanese food much so only ordered: Geoduck butter and soft shell crab. My son and his girl-friend had ordered only only his standard list: fat tuna, fat salmon, etc. but also everything on the Fishes from Japan special.

The fish portion are small comparing to similar priced restaurants in San Francisco: however, the sushi rice is quite good. The rice is the focus of the sushi, not the fish according to some Sushi chefs. If that is the case, then the sushi here is quite good. The best part is that they have fishes directly from Japan and they are quite tasty. I don't think you can go wrong in this category: you either like or don't like. And all of us liked these fishes. In many sushi restaurants, you don't normally see a long list of fishes from Japan beside the standard tuna, smelts, salmon, etc.

It was a good dinner with fishes that we don't normally get in regular sushi restaurants. Oh, btw the Geoduck Butter is quite good: it kind of melted in your mouth (sort of.) The bill of over $300 will hurt me for a few days.

1  Thank Belrion
Reviewed 10 December 2017

If you crave authentic, fresh, raw sushi, you'll love this crowded spot. It's hard to book a table unless you do so a week or more in advance. Everything is fresh, prepared with pride and served by the friendly waitstaff.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We had a meal of nigiri here (along with soup) and everything was delicious. Among other things the octopus got rave reviews. Excellent service, also. Well organized.