“Not very impressive for the price. Overpriced!”
Review of Palisade

Palisade
Reserve with OpenTable
Palisade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 4,231 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$31 - US$100
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We had a big group. It was our first time visiting Seattle and wanted to eat at a nice restaurant, even if the price is a bit high. Reading the reviews, we chose Palisade, which proved to have been a mistake. The food was very average. I got steak and was not at all good, especially paying $54 for it. Texas Roadhouse steaks are better and way cheaper. The service was ok. They had two servers, but still made mistake. They did not ask how we were doing, at least not for me and the 8 closest to me. They didn't ask how my steak came out, which usually happens when you order steak. I would strongly recommend a different restaurant that is in the same price range. Overpriced!

Justin E, General Manager at Palisade, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Hello Ken L.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review from your most recent visit to Palisade. My apologies for the lack of care that you received and that you were not happy with the meal that was provided. I would like to further discuss your visit and make things right. If you would be so inclined to reach out to jemery@r-u-i.com it would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to our correspondence.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Evening meal on a Sunday night and lucky enough to get a windown seat when Mt. Rainier was visible in all its glory which makes almost any dining experience acceptable. Waiter was helpful at explaining things, friendly and reasonably attentive. Drinks brought promptly. Food well presented and of good quality. Price not cheap, but not out of line - $200 for three with wine and dessert.

Justin E, General Manager at Palisade, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hello Dean S.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review from your most recent visit to Palisade. I am glad to see that you had an enjoyable time and got to see Mt. Rainier. We hope to see you again soon, have a great day!

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We went here to celebrate our anniversary. When we got to the table we found rose pedals on the table along with a card congratulating us on our anniversary. The server was especially friendly and welcoming and had a lot of good suggestions on what we might want to try on the menu. We got a table by the window and had a great view of the marina with all the expensive yachts and a panoramic view of the Seattle skyline.

I heard live piano music planning and looked around to see who was playing. To my surprise, the piano was actually on a ledge above the restaurant and it was a player piano.

Now to the best part. My wife and I both ordered Surf and Turf (spendy, but it was our anniversary). I got an end piece of prime rib and it was one of the best pieces of meat I've ever had. I'm not a young guy, so you know I've had a lot of prime rib, and this was really good. The "surf" was both a small lobster tail and a nice piece of salmon. My wife likes her salmon medium rare, and I prefer well done. The chef cooked each piece just like we like it, and it was very good.

The vegetable with the meal was Brussel sprouts. Now I have to tell you that I don't like Brussel sprouts. But these looked different, so I tried them and they were wonderful. The manager stopped by our table and I commented on these and he said they had a special way of cooking them. They blanch them (boiling water), then toss them in a deep fryer for a few seconds and then cut them in half and add white raisons, almonds and some other things I can't remember. I cleaned my plate of these and even stole one off my wife's plate when she got full.

This is not a cheap place. But for a special occasion like this, it is very much worth every penny.

Justin E, General Manager at Palisade, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Hi Alton L.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review from your most recent visit to Palisade. I am glad to see that you had an enjoyable time with great food, service, and majestic views. The Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite vegetables that we offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon, have a great day!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We have been here for the Sunday brunch, as well as dinner. But what other restarant actually has a salmon stream in it, with glass art and a grand piano playing? And, it is on the water's edge of a large marina, with plenty of parking and an attentive staff. The wine list is not extensive (maybe 20 pages), but has choices from $40 - $200 and will satisfy a discriminating palate. The food is both sea and land based with creative touches that keep things interesting. With a bottle of wine, the four of us spent about $500. including the tip for a weekend dinner. It is a special place and not the weekly go to. The dress code is casual and we came up from the docks in our boat shoes and fit right in.

Justin E, General Manager at Palisade, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Hello Treesmiths3,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review from your most recent visit to Palisade. I am glad to see that you had an enjoyable time dining with us whether it is for dinner or our City View Weekend Brunch Buffet. We look forward to seeing you again soon, have a great day!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

It's a wee bit of a drive to get there, but well worth it. Food, views, service are all great! There is also a small dining room for special occasions.

Hello Pappadoc,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review from your most recent visit to Palisade. I am glad to see that you had an enjoyable time with great service, views, and food. We look forward to seeing you again soon, have a great day!

Been to Palisade? Share your experiences!