“Something Different”

Ranked #621 of 4,248 Restaurants in Seattle
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited this fabulous restaurant tonight. It had great street appeal, we were greeted sincerely and got the booth we asked for. We had been told by friends to order the hush puppies, we did, they started the meal just right. My husband knew immediately he wanted the jambalaya, I was wavering between that and the crawfish bowl. I ordered the bowl but they were out. They weren't "sold out" just a shortage of crawfish. The jambalaya was delicious! The chicken was cooked perfectly, the sausage wasn't fatty the shrimp fresh, all in all just right. We ended with the banana cream pie. I love a great dessert and usually don't eat my whole entree so I have room to indulge. This wasn't really worth it. Our waiter Travis was wonderful. We look forward to the next time we visit and that Crawfish Bowl! Hope you enjoy!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Dinner at Roux was delicious! My boyfriend and I were delighted to find this wonderful restaurant close to the Zoo in Fremont. Our dinner was excellent, from the slightly smoky grilled Romaine salad through my Blackened Catfish entree. We shared a bottle of Cab Franc Rose from the Loire Valley in France, that was perfect and reasonably priced.

I look forward to my next visit to Roux. Do yourself a favor, and check it out.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

First time going there last night and the service and food was good. We ordered shrimp and grits, red bean and rice and greens, gizzards and fried oysters. All the above was amazing!! Lastly we had the beignets, they were cooked to perfection!! Highly recommended place to go and eat! They have bar seating, tables and booth.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

This was an email addressed to the executive chef Matt Lewis of Restaurant Roux, the manager (one of the waiters on duty) answered in the defensive but Matt Lewis failed to respond.

"Matt,

Good afternoon

My wife and I were your returning guests for a late luncheon this day around 1:30 PM.

As you are likely aware the restaurant was essentially empty at that time with approximately four waiters in the front of the house.

We waited approximately 10 minutes for beverage service and were almost ready to leave when a waiter materialized.

We ordered the Roux hamburger and the fried chicken & waffles, about 20 minutes went by with nothing (no waiter, nothing). We finally noticed that our food had been sitting on the pass for several minutes cooling, we attempted but were unable to catch a waiter’s eye (they appeared to be busy with the sound system for the music later in the evening), finally in frustration my wife got up from our table and took the food from the pass to our table (literally self-service). Two eggs were missing as were the condiments. A few minutes later our waiter showed up with the two eggs on the side and we requested the condiments, e.g. syrup, salt and pepper. There are more challenges with the service (a glass of ice tea requested, but a glass with just ice and lemon brought to the table – devoid of beverage) but you get the idea, service was very slow and disappointing.

Later, when my wife went to the ladies room the sous chef (at the pass) asked how our meals were, she responded the cuisine was good but cold and the service was extremely slow and irregular. The sous chef agreed that service was very slow at our table, he shrugged and appeared to dismiss it as typical this day.

All restaurants have off days, possibly this was one for Roux."

1  Thank 863glenng
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We haven't been here in quite awhile. Well, nothing has changed. There were 4 servers and they weren't busy.

Waited a long time for someone to come to the table and for drinks.

Our order took awhile and was sitting in the pass for about 10 minutes. Our waiter was engaged in a conversation with another server. I finally went up and got it myself. Next ensued a struggle for condiments and an ice tea refill. He brought the glass back with ice and lemon but no tea

They couldn't even come back and pick up the credit card and bill.

The food was good, albeit cold; no sense in complaining. Eat and get out!

1  Thank greatcats

Been to Restaurant Roux? Share your experiences!