“Tasty food and generous portions”

Bombay Deluxe Restaurant
Ranked #184 of 902 Restaurants in Anchorage
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We had lunch at Bombay Deluxe and was impressed by the quality and quantity of food. The place does not look great but it is quite neat and clean and the food makes up for the place. We had ordered the appetizer platter, mushroom soup, vegetable koftas and dal makhani.
The spice level was just right and the gravies were perfect. The appetizer platter was more than enough for the three of us and we the portions for all the food was generous.
I will gladly recommend this place - true gem in Anchorage for Indian food.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We ordered delivery from Bombay Deluxe while staying at a hotel in Anchorage the week of 7 August 2017. The food is relatively expensive, but the service and quality of the food both were high. The food was delivered in about 50 minutes, and we had ordered dishes that were cooked to order. The Bread Basket was super, and included three different Indian breads. My wife had the Aloo Gobi and enjoyed it. My Dal Makhani was excellent. The rice over which we ladled our dishes also was very good. For dessert we ordered Gulab Jaman and Fruit Custard Pudding. All in all, we had a very good meal. My only complaint - an odd one, I know - is that there was so much food we had enough for about three days left in the fridge. Anchorage has many restaurants, but I think Bombay Deluxe is one of the best.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We eat here about once every two or three months. The food is always excellent. I am a little surprised when they ask how spicy I want my dish and when I say hot they usually ask, Really? Yup, I want it hot and hot is what i get. The food is delicious and as spicy as you like it. My wife almost always orders mild and that is what she gets as well. There is always enough to fill me up and take some home as well. The dinners are great at home warmed up as well but not quite as good as eating at the restaurant. Highly recommend this place for anyone that likes Indian food.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Had dinner with my family when we visited Anchorage. The restaurant was able to serve Yellow Dal for my children even though it was not mentioned in the menu. The Paneer dish was very bland and is definitely not similar to what we get in India. Probably the dish was more Americanised. The portions served were sufficient. Overall it did not satisfy us in the taste department.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I've dined here many times, but none recently. The menu is still complete and many choices are offered from the Tandoori oven. We chose an appetizer of vegetable samosas and the vegetarian bhojan. It was filling for two of us. The samosas were light, crisp, and came with two type of chutney. One was mint. The other may have been tamarind, but I'm not certain and for got to ask. Spices for the appetizer seemed to be perfect. For the bhojan, there is rice, dahl, pakora vegetables, and a choice of dessert. Naan comes with the bhojan. The naan was good and baked well in the oven. The rice was basmati and I really like that flavor of rice. It did not have any saffron, but I know how expensive saffron is, so that was OK. The dahl was fine - lentils with spices. Nothing particularly great about it, but it certainly did not disappoint. I've made dahl that was much worse. The pakora vegetables were spiced nicely [we chose medium hotness] and really added to the flavor of the meal. We chose the mango "ice cream' for dessert. Again, enough for the two of us to share, but not get a lot. It was fine. Total bill including a glass of wine for each of us was between $20 and 25.