“Disappointed ”

Ranked #241 of 911 Restaurants in Anchorage
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

They only got up to a 2 was because the fried dumplings were good. My plate was just ok and my wife's was Burnt. I pointed that out and asked for the check. She didn't check our table until then. My wife only took 2 small bites of her dish. They didn't offer to redo it, get her something else or to even take it off the check.
The only waitress was running around to 6 tables and did have 2 carryout orders.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

I LOVE their Kalbi-tang soup! However, I only go there once every couple years because the service is SO BAD. The lady who works as the server/waitress there clangs and throws dishes around when she's cleaning tables, and taking care of dishes. She clangs and slams the dishes so loudly that you can't have a decent conversation at dinner without being rudely interrupted by clanging dishes in the kitchen or food dishes pretty much being tossed to you. I go back every couple years hoping the service is better, but it's not. They seem to treat Koreans and other Asians better than their other guests. Their food is about the average price for Korean food. Maybe someday they'll realize how poor their customer service is and fix it. Until then, I can only hope.

I've been coming to this restaurant for about 10 years, and it seems that within the past 5-6 years that the service has really gone down the drain.

If you want Korean food and better service, I would suggest that you try Korea Garden (in the Dimond area) or Tofu House (off of Arctic and International); their service is a little bit better.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

We loved it here! The staff was excellent, especially our waitress! This is our second time here. We've tried the chicken, pork and beef bolgogi tender and tasty. The seafood soup, hot and spicy also gigantic! Also the Chinese dinner are excellent. They served us 8 little dishes of appetizers and soup before our meals that were so tasty. I'd recommend everyone to try this place!

1  Thank jarsae59
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We love the selection of Kimchis we get with our lunch. The spicy shrimp and vegetables and the barbecue pork are our favorite lunch specials

1  Thank PaulaLPC
Reviewed 5 June 2016

I enjoy the Bibimbop. The rice on the bottom of the hot pot is at the same time crunchy, chewy, and sweet. The seafood within the dish is cooked perfectly...the tiny octopus tentacles are really the best. The kimchee that comes with all meals is varied and replenished upon request. A whole in the wall that may be hard to find, but well worth the effort!

1  Thank AKcabingirlA