“First time for a reindeer dog”

Red Umbrella Reindeer
Ranked #451 of 898 Restaurants in Anchorage
Reviewed 19 September 2017

A reindeer hot dog? Yup. Where else would I have the opportunity to try one? The doggies are grilled right there until they're just right, then the buns are toasted a bit. The condiments available include mustard, catsup, onions, sauerkraut, relish. I have to say this is one tasty treat. The flavor is sort of like a slightly spicy smoked sausage, and it's a very substantial sandwich.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

While strolling down 4th Ave, you'll see this umbrella'd food stop. Don't talk to the bearded, little guy. He's not very personable and worthy of your business. Maybe, they need to change the name to "RUDE Umbrella Reindeer." I know I didn't go back. Went to TIA'S.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I was getting nauseous while thinking of eating reindeer. Typically my husband is the guinea pig. But since I was solo traveling I had to toughen up. Thank god my stomach overcame my fears. I ordered the hot reindeer sausage, which was sweet with a mild spices. Delicious!

The Red Umbrella is worthy of a return visit

Reviewed 5 July 2016

We were just wandering about after our Alaska Cruise and visited the local market nearby our "hospitality center" Were not impressed with the offerings, so decided to walk back. Then we decided to try a reindeer sausage, but took our time inspecting every vendor. We ended up with RED Umbrella Reindeer. It looked cozy, friendly and ...enticing. 2 very nice and friendly girls prepared our "reindeer" and it tasted better than we anticipated, It was delicious. Apparently it only contains 15% reindeer and the rest is pork, tasted like KIELBASA sausage but on a higher level, Absolutely worth every penny.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Made a quick stop here for a snack. Piled high with all the toppings you want. The meat was juicy and hot! Yummy. Would stop again!