“The locals are right! One of the best in town...”

La Balade des Saveurs
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I have been staying in L'Isles Sur la Sorgue for one month now on a writing holiday/sabbatical and have met some wonderful people who are foodies like me. They all recommended La Balade de Sauveurs saying the food was tops, one of the best in town. I travel alone but made a reservations since the town was packed for Easter and the antique fair. I was delighted as soon as I walked in the door - they gave me a premium table that faced the window and the river. A grand start! The locals were right about the food. 5 BIG stars. From the pureed fish soup, the fish entree to dessert, all was cooked to perfection and served by a professional server named Sophie (who BTW I watched helped a young couple get set up with their baby by providing a special chair and a kindness I have not seen in establishments of this caliber) I had the special menu du jour, a bargain for 3 courses at 27.50 euro. Especially for food of this stellar quality. Will definitely return before I leave for Canada!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Enjoy the dinner and fantastic niveau of Isle sur la Sorque. The food was delicious but the placeand the atmosphere was surpassing everyting. We had a nice cozy dinner with perfect taste. For 10 people we paid 44 Euro per capita, which absolutely ok for France. Choose all inclusive menu rather than to ıorder each item individually.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This was one of our favorite places we ate while in L isle sur la Sorgue for four days the service was excellent, food was delicious, and a great location along the water. I had the Filler of beef and it was great.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I am not a professional reviewer, and this is just my opinion. My wife and I rented a nice house just minutes from "downtown", and the housekeeper warmly recommended this restaurant. We had dinner there twice with our friends - some of them are quite picky - and were not disappointed. The restaurant fills up quickly, so reservations are recommended. As guests make their way into the dining room (there is also a pleasant outdoor terrace by the river), they can get a glimpse of the kitchen and of those who work in it. The dining room is decorated soberly, which encourages guests to focus on the food. The kitchen may not be very large, but produces wonderful dishes. One reviewer mistakenly pointed out that there's only one starter (the tapenade) but that's simply an amuse-gueule. The menu is rather short and changes according to what's in season, but everything on it is well executed. The wine lists offers local wines in addition to wines from the rest of France, and there are some good values in it. Service was efficient and professional, but when the restaurant is full there can be some delays between dishes. Altogether one of the finest restaurants in L'Isle sur la Sorgue.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

The restaurant we were aiming for was closed, and we stumbled upon la ballade, having forgotten we had enjoyed an excellent meal here last year.
We chose to sit inside this time as le Mistral was quite lively. An excellent meal from the fairly limited menu, good house wine, excellent service from the few staff on duty. We will not forget it next time.