“Three Years Later...”

Grand China Buffet
Ranked #642 of 1,413 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

We had enjoyed this buffet three years ago and made a special point to visit this trip when passing through Omaha. Maybe they have changed cooks, or the crowds were so large the quantity of food cooked became too much?

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We walked in with a party of 7 and reserved our table with a hostess. Another family of 5 came in after us and a party of 10 after them.
The party of 10 was seated before us. we brought this up to the hostess and he just smiled and said he knows. The family of 5 that came after us was seated next. Again we asked the hostess and had the nerve to yell at us. He said he knew we were waiting and needed and was waiting for a larger table with a highchair. This puzzled us since we have no small kids with us.
Needless to say, with my father being diabetic and having the hostess yell at us we decided to leave.
I do not recommend Grand China Buffet

1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 24 June 2016

IT'S REAL FED BACK of professional eater.
my first experience to visit in Grand China Buffet was be 2012. On this moment I think that rating was be (4-) star. But...right now only TWO. Why?
- very dirty
- The weekend food-scraps lying on the floor
- dirty restroom
- Most food ... just not tasty
Yes, there's a lot of food. a large assortment. but this place is more suitable for those who want cheap glut oneself. than for those who wants to enjoy the taste.
Be prepared for the fact that you will have diarrhea after 25-30 minutes after visiting this place (this is reality). Staff did not seem to wash their hands or washing products.
very sorry, but this place has deteriorated and my family and I go there no more.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

The Grand China Buffet has a very large selection of Chinese/American dishes from which to choose.General Tao's chicken to Won Ton soup and Mac & Cheese to Jello. This buffet is for the person who would eat quickly and leave.Nothing in the buffet selection dazzled the pallet, but I don't think that is the Grand China Buffet's target.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

My fiancee and I ate here tonight with our five children. The food was excellent but after we finished eating I went to the bathroom, while I was washing my hands I witnessed a waitress come out of a bathroom stall, proceed to come up to the sink, rinse her hands with water only for about 1 second, wipe them on her pants and go back to serving!! I immediately reported it to a lady I presumed to be the manager or owner and her response was "She (the waitress) not do that! She very clean girl!" A moment later the same waitress came up to the counter and the manager/owner must have told her in Chinese what I had reported and they both began laughing and the waitress appeared to be denying what I said, demonstrating how she "scrubs" her hands. Now 4 hours later my 15 year old son has vomited 3 times all over our hotel toilet!! Do not, I repeat, DO NOT EAT here!!!