“Dinner at Jim and Jennies”

Jim & Jennie's Greek Village
Ranked #126 of 1,377 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 31 August 2016

If you like real Greek food, Jim and Jennies Greek Village in Omaha, NE is the place for you! They have a daily special...today it was Mediterranean Chicken. This comes with Greek potatoes, salad/soup, and a veggie. I added the desert, home-made banana walnut cheese cake. First, we shared the Saganaki (OPAH)! Wow, what a feast.
This was a business dinner with customers, and the fourth business visit for me. Customers love this place! The food is superb, the service excellent.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

I have had gyros all my over Omaha including the food trucks. they are by far the best gyro place in Omaha. the gyro meat is cooked to perfection every time and always taste fresh. oh and the pita is outstanding as well.

Reviewed 11 June 2016

sorry Rustic Inn you know I got love for ya, folks Jim makes the best onion rings in Omaha hands down, done deal, final answer. There Gyros are excellent if you can eat it all you are doing something. their desserts are great also. love the bakalava big time. oh did I say they have the best onion rings in town, they do. they also make a wicked hamburger also.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

I had only been to a few Greek restaurants over the years so when I accepted this invitation to go to Jim and Jennie's Greek Village I was a bit leery while thinking about the heavy garlic and heartburn I got after the previous times. Well let me tell you, the food was SCRUMPTIOUS . I previewed the menu before I went because I wanted to know what I was ordering, the menu is extensive and many of the entrées had Greek names. I started with *Spanakopita, Filo filled with spinach and feta. Their Filo dough/puffed pastry is so light and flaky you just want more. I WANT more right NOW as I am writing this. I wanted to try as many entrees as possible to enjoy the experience of this authentic Greek restaurant. So I ordered the Greek Trio. Out came this huge platter with tiropita a Filo filed with blended cheeses, *moussaka baked layers of egg plant, zucchini and seasoned ground beef with a creamy béchamel sauced and *domades which are stuffed grape leaves filled with ground beef and rice topped with a creamy egg-lemon sauce. I think my server forgot to bring me the pita bread though. Oh well.. My favorites were the *Spanakopita and the *mussaka. Must have been the béchamel sauce... the *baklava, OMG. The best in town. There were 11 of us at the table and every entrée presented beautifully. Everyone enjoyed what they chose. Robert, the person next to me ordered the kabob which was marinated Fillet with rice and *Greek potatoes. Outstanding. Pretty much everyone cleaned their plates. Our servers was great kept out water glasses filled, attentive to our needs. Jim and Jenny's must be doing something right...because the place was filled.. I put stars by my favorites but I have to say every dish was really good. No complaints from this gal and I am very particular about my food. I am going to put this place on my list of favorites. I would have never THUNK I would fall in love with a Greek restaurant

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

This place has amazing food, I eat here monthly. I have tried all kinds of things on the menu and have never had a bad meal. It is a family owned business and run very well. Oddly enough, you should try the onion rings.