“Good food fast and on the cheap!!”
Review of Ritz's Lil Fryer

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ritz's Lil Fryer
Ranked #123 of 495 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 12 October 2016

The wife and I have gone here for lunch for years. The food is good and served fast.
We really like the Pony shoes. the cost for us and drinks out the door was less than $17.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

This is a popular place in my hometown. It is not fancy, but the food is good for the price. The service is fast and friendly. They are open for breakfast and lunch. I often order lunch for my office because lunch service begins early. No theme, no hype, lots of regulars.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

You gotta love a place that just doesn't really go for that flair that has nothing to do with providing a great product and a great service at a great price. Not the flashiest place in town but certainly one of the best bargains. Breakfast crowd is local if that tells you anything. The locals always know a good place. Never heard of a horseshoe before I stopped here. Now I know there's breakfast and dinner horseshoes. I myself couldn't handle the breakfast horseshoe so I grabbed a pony by the reigns and got after it. Whats' a pony? It's a pile of good food. Start with eggs, add has browns or fried potatoes. Throw on some breakfast meat. Pour on some cheese sauce or gravy and enjoy. Comes with toast. Friendly folks. Service was great. Not too far from Lincoln's Tomb.

1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 24 June 2015

I have been to Ritz's many times for breakfast and lunch. They have real good breakfasts. Everything is always hot and their home fries are excellent. Also, if you are looking for the signature Springfield dish, the horseshoe, you will find one of the best here. My favorite is the fried pork tenderloin shoe. I will warn you: you will need a nap after you eat one of these.

Reviewed 22 January 2015

Our group of 12 to as many as 20 has breakfast here once a month. The omelettes are large, delicious and inexpensive. The service is great. All orders arrive at the same time, the coffee is refilled without asking and the waitresses are all friendly.