US$118
US$99
US$160
US$142
Hampton.com
Drury Inn & Suites Springfield(Springfield)
US$140
US$110
US$112
US$129
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Comfort Suites(Springfield)
US$130
US$122
Agoda.com
Inn at 835(Springfield)
US$131
All reviewsroom was cleanrefrigerator and microwavehard boiled eggsa king size bedwould stay here againcomplimentary breakfastenjoyed my staygreat place to staysausagestayed one nightspringfield il
Reviewed 18 September 2014

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had made reservations at the Baymont Inn next door to this hotel. Since we had been there previously, when I called the hotel, the clerk said "I have all your info". I had a confirmed reservation. I had forgotten that 6 months ago, due to a frauduant purchase on our credit card, the credit card company changed our card number. The Baymont ran the card and could not get it to work. At 6 PM they gave away our room. (I had told them I would be a late check in at 9 PM. We were lucky to find the Days Inn had a room. It was clean, the breakfast was good, and everything worked out fine in the end. This will now be where we stay instead of at the Baymont.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the Route 66 Half Iron instead of the advertised hotel because it was cheaper and closer to the event. The lady at the front desk was very nice, though when I inquired about late check-out, there seemed to be a communication issue so we didn't bother seeing how late we could actually stay.

Our room was on the second floor and since we had to bring my wife's bike into the room we used the elevator, which was on the opposite end of the hotel. Granted, it's not a huge hotel, but it's still an odd placement so far away from the front desk. This could be more an inconvenience for disabled or elderly guests.

Another thing I noticed while going to our room was the large amount of smoking rooms they had. You could smell the cigarette smoke was in the hallways, which wasn't very pleasant. Besides that, the halls were not well lit and were in need of a paint job.

The biggest issue with the hotel is it is severe need of updating. My wife booked it months ago, but especially after reading many recent reviews, I have to agree with the statements. The number one update needed is additional outlets in the rooms. Our alarm clock wasn't even plugged in when we got in the room because the lamps were all being plugged in. Most hotels have plugs at the base of lamps so people can charge their cell phones, tablets, etc. Guests shouldn't have to choose between using a light or charging their device, especially in this day and age. The side tables were old, beat up, and at least in our room, had Ramada Inn signs on them. Perhaps this hotel used to be a Ramada before Days Inn took over. Either that, or they were really cheap in furnishing the place. It just looks tacky for guests and leaves a bad impression. The air conditioning unit was also very old, but it worked. I imagine getting new energy efficient would save them money in the long run. The bathroom had no fan, which probably isn't a big deal, but again it's about presentation.

There were a few positives. While the bed was a little stiff for me, at least it was clean so there was that. They also had a fridge and microwave in the room which my wife needed to keep breakfast items cold. They also had a large channel selection on the TV so there's a plus if you like that. As I said above, the lady at the front desk when we checked in was very nice. They also have free wi-fi which worked great when we streamed some shows on Netflix.

If you need a cheap hotel to stay at for the night, this Days Inn will work just great. I think if they made some improvements, this would be a fantastic place to stay. Hopefully management starts reading these reviews and takes them into consideration.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple