Cafe Luna
Ranked #35 of 647 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual, full service restaurant /cafe serving breakfast lunch and dinner with a popular weekend brunch. Modern decor with outdoor seating. Specialties include salads, sandwiches, flatbread pizzas, chicken burgers, vegetarian and vegan options. Take out and delivery available.
Reviewed 28 July 2017

A very cool coffee bar with a great menu, great wifi, outlets galore (at least where we were sitting) and both outdoor seating and a front "wall" that opens up to let in the weather. Great place to get work done.

Was staying in Cambridge because I thought just being around Harvard and MIT people would make me smarter. That's how intelligence works, right? Through osmosis? See? It's working already - I used "osmosis" in a sentence. Anywho, needed a place to get some work done and Cafe Luna appeared to have a mix of everything I needed - food, coffee and wifi.

It is a typical restaurant with tables everywhere, which means if you sit at a table in the middle of the dining floor, there likely isn't an outlet near you. We didn't check around the wall, however, because my girlfriend noticed the bar had an outlet at every seat. Genius! We plugged in, had a strong wifi signal, and were able to work without killing our batteries or being kicked off our VPN.

I simply had regular coffee, which was good. She wasn't enthralled with her cappuccino, but we both loved our breakfasts. We both ordered the avocado and black bean omelet, though I got mine as a wrap, without the avocado, and with chipotle chicken. This was one tasty breakfast wrap and something I would get again and again. Really enjoyed the chipotle pulled chicken - spicy without overwhelming the meal. We also got a pancake each as dessert, because my rear needs to be fatter. Pancakes were good, but not fantastic. Certainly not the highlight.

We also sat for almost 4 hours, and the bartender never ignored us, continued to refill our water (until my girlfriend just grabbed a pitcher off the end of the bar).

We left here to go to another coffee shop we wanted to spend some time at, and their wifi signal was so weak we couldn't connect to our work VPNs. So compared to other coffee shops in Cambridge, this one has to be one of the best.

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you again!
Teri

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Very accommodating, made an online reservation several days ago for Sunday Brunch (which is unheard of at other places). Called to say we would be 15 minutes late, response "no problem". We were seated promptly, asked if we preferred inside or outside seating. We chose outside, not many outside tables but it is all an open air beautiful clean setting. Inquired about the corn beef hash being gluten free, waiter Justin explained good ole meat and potatoes no additives, no stock, etc. I chose corn beef benedict, no bread, no spinach , extra sauce. The best fresh corn beef hash ever. Amazing, home fries side are perfect herb seasoned roasted red bliss potatoes. Others in our party enjoyed caramel pecan, pear french toast, huge side of bacon and Chipole shredded chicken Benedict. All meals have plentiful portions, nice selections of cocktails and prosecco. Will definitely be back on our next visit.

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you vey much! Glad you enjoyed it.
Best,
Teri

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Before heading to our staked out 4th of July fireworks location along the Charles River, we refreshed with a leisurely late brunch stop at the popular Cafe Luna. Though it's reputed to normally have long lines and waits for its weekly brunch, we easily found seats at the bar on this Tuesday holiday.. A couple of drinks accompanied by Luna's Brunch Avocado Toast were perfect. The highlight of the visit was meetng and chatting with Matt, co-owner with his wife Teri, creative chef who together guide and orchestrate the menus and service for both the Cafe and its growing catering business. In our brief conversaton Matt's and Teri's expansion plans were revealed...dinner, another new concept location, expanded catering. And the fact that they are really hands-on with their operation shows in the quality of their food and restaurant operation. If you haven't tried it, I strongly recommend you do.

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Hi Marc, Thank you very much for the kind words. Very nice meeting you too. I hope you can join us again and perhaps we can earn that fifth star! We strive for perfection and any tips would be much appreciated.
Best, Teri

Reviewed 5 July 2017

The eggs benedict are very good. The waffles were pretty tasty too.

If it's a nice day, they open the doors and half of the seating is practically outdoors. They also have tables on the sidewalk.

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

If you have food allergies, do not go there. My fiancé has a gluten allergy and the waitress discussed at length with him the gluten-free options, and how he can order the surf&turf (probably the most expensive dish on the brunch menu) on just spinach, without the bread, to make it gluten free. After this whole discussion the surf&turf arrived on bread hidden at the bottom which my fiancé noticed only after eating some of the food on the top of the plate (which is all piled up, lobster and steak and eggs and all). When he signaled the waitress, the host also came and literally blamed him for not telling them sooner and said that since he has already eaten from the plate, they cannot bring him another one with the correct order. We were shocked with the response. My fiancé left the plate with a lot of food uneaten, angry at the attitude, to go buy another lunch at another restaurant nearby... We paid for the plate and did not leave a tip.

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

I am a bit of a loss here as this is the third site this has been posted on and I am feeling a bit unfairly targeted. I really appreciate the opportunity to present the other side. We definitely made a mistake and I missed the modifier on the ticket and did not see the spinach sub. I have since changed the wording on the system to make it more visible in the kitchen. It was not marked Gluten Allergy. Again, our mistake. When Matt (co owner) was called over, it was not made clear to him there was an allergy, just the fact he got a muffin instead of spinach. The lobster and steak were eaten and just the muffins left. He apologized and said he wished he had know earlier so we could replace it. He did not mean that was the only way we would replace it, he just thought he was finished and ready to leave. There was no response at that time from the customer and no explanation to the host. Matt and I are very customer focused and would never not replace an item or fail to make something right when we understand the situation. I have since reached out to him to refund the item with no response. We deeply regret the misunderstanding and the mistake but really can only fix things when we know all the facts. I love the review sites as they are 99.99% positive for us and even when they are not, we always learn from it. I have learned from this one and made changes. Best, Teri Chef/Owner Cafe Luna