“Wonderful!”

Ranked #30 of 650 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual, full service restaurant /cafe serving breakfast lunch and dinner with a popular weekend brunch. Modern decor with outdoor seating. Specialties include salads, sandwiches, flatbread pizzas, chicken burgers, vegetarian and vegan options. Take out and delivery available.
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch. They were still serving breakfast, which was a bonus. We sat at a sidewalk table on a lovely weekday afternoon. Our server was friendly and attentive. I ordered a fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese omelette. The others had a BLTC (chicken breast added on) and fries and a summer harvest salad. Everyone was happy with their food. The salad was big and served with a few slices of bread and your choice of goat's cheese or feta. The fries had a nice garlicky taste to them, maybe even a bit of truffle oil. But my omelette, come on! So good! This omelette was so much better than any other omelette I have had, really, I'm not being hyperbolic. Well balanced sweet from the dried figs, with the salty prosciutto, to the tangy melted cheese. Not too much filling, not overly complicated, just right. I chose to have focaccia as my side, but you could choose a salad or fruit. Busy at lunchtime with workers from the area tech/bio-tech businesses and universities. A nice atmosphere in a nice area of town. I will be back!

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We made a reservation for Sunday brunch and it ended up being a beautiful day! The restaurant was opened up which was great. The restaurant was packed which is usually a good sign. The host was so nice and accommodating. I ended up getting the French toast with lemon and blueberry compote. It was so yummy! I'm a big fan of breakfast/brunch and have been looking for a great place in Boston and finally found it! Cant wait to come back and try something else!

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I bought a sad looking breakfast sandwich that consisted of overcooked egg & bacon, and my friend ordered a breakfast plate of eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns that didn't come with toast (we didn't even order drinks, and that still came to a disappointing $25 I would have rather not spent).
To their credit the service was wonderful, we had a very helpful and attentive waitress and the open inside/outside patio seating is a lovely place to sit.
We were looking for a cheap diner that would serve a simple bacon n eggs type of breakfast but after asking multiple people (hotel concierge, bellmen, valet, etc), this was just not what we were looking for.

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Sunshower,
I am very disappointed you did not like your breakfast and we could not be the type of place you were looking for. I am glad however that you liked the service and decor. Julie remembers you and was trying to help you find something you would like. Her impression was that you were Ok with it and you were very nice. We do have toast and that could have been an option versus the fruit you received but that of course is in hindsight. An egg plate would have been 2.00 less and I would be happy to refund that to you but I see you paid cash. If you are ever in the neighborhood again, please let me know and I will take care of it. I don't think she offered that as an option. Thank you for your feedback as we take all of it very seriously. Regards, Teri Chef/Owner Cafe Luna

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We new that the place must be good when we got to wait about 45 minutes for the table. Nevertheless food was really delicious.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

A very cool coffee bar with a great menu, great wifi, outlets galore (at least where we were sitting) and both outdoor seating and a front "wall" that opens up to let in the weather. Great place to get work done.

Was staying in Cambridge because I thought just being around Harvard and MIT people would make me smarter. That's how intelligence works, right? Through osmosis? See? It's working already - I used "osmosis" in a sentence. Anywho, needed a place to get some work done and Cafe Luna appeared to have a mix of everything I needed - food, coffee and wifi.

It is a typical restaurant with tables everywhere, which means if you sit at a table in the middle of the dining floor, there likely isn't an outlet near you. We didn't check around the wall, however, because my girlfriend noticed the bar had an outlet at every seat. Genius! We plugged in, had a strong wifi signal, and were able to work without killing our batteries or being kicked off our VPN.

I simply had regular coffee, which was good. She wasn't enthralled with her cappuccino, but we both loved our breakfasts. We both ordered the avocado and black bean omelet, though I got mine as a wrap, without the avocado, and with chipotle chicken. This was one tasty breakfast wrap and something I would get again and again. Really enjoyed the chipotle pulled chicken - spicy without overwhelming the meal. We also got a pancake each as dessert, because my rear needs to be fatter. Pancakes were good, but not fantastic. Certainly not the highlight.

We also sat for almost 4 hours, and the bartender never ignored us, continued to refill our water (until my girlfriend just grabbed a pitcher off the end of the bar).

We left here to go to another coffee shop we wanted to spend some time at, and their wifi signal was so weak we couldn't connect to our work VPNs. So compared to other coffee shops in Cambridge, this one has to be one of the best.

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017