“Delicious brunch”

Ranked #33 of 645 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual, full service restaurant /cafe serving breakfast lunch and dinner with a popular weekend brunch. Modern decor with outdoor seating. Specialties include salads, sandwiches, flatbread pizzas, chicken burgers, vegetarian and vegan options. Take out and delivery available.
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We found ourselves a few streets away from the MIT campus in Cambridge, MA on a rainy day last week It was mid-afternoon and we were looking for a place to have a late lunch. Noticing the crowded doorway of Café Luna, we thought we would try it. The place was serving brunch and was full. A couple of minutes later Mr. Matt Haymer, the co-owner of the Café came over. He offered to seat us at the counter, with the promise of a table as soon as one became available. Mr. Haymer was a gentle, soft-spoken person who assured us we would be taken care of. There were lots of things on the menu we would have liked, but we wanted light fare. I kept it really simple and ordered fried eggs and toast. My wife ordered black bean home fries. Mr. Haymer said they had moved there just four months earlier. When we were seated at a table, a friendly staff member served us. The eggs and toast were just that, but were also just right. The toast was well toasted and buttered, exactly how I liked it. My wife’s black bean home fries were absolutely delightful. The spiciness of the potatoes was perfect and the whole dish was mouthwateringly tasty. Both of us shared it and enjoyed it thoroughly. We thanked Mr. Haymer for his attentive care. We were happy we ate at Café Luna. The menu was not huge, but significantly varied and the food was absolutely delicious. Next time we are in Cambridge, we will return to Café Luna, this time with some friends we want to take out for a meal.

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you vey much! I am glad you found us.
Best,

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch. They were still serving breakfast, which was a bonus. We sat at a sidewalk table on a lovely weekday afternoon. Our server was friendly and attentive. I ordered a fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese omelette. The others had a BLTC (chicken breast added on) and fries and a summer harvest salad. Everyone was happy with their food. The salad was big and served with a few slices of bread and your choice of goat's cheese or feta. The fries had a nice garlicky taste to them, maybe even a bit of truffle oil. But my omelette, come on! So good! This omelette was so much better than any other omelette I have had, really, I'm not being hyperbolic. Well balanced sweet from the dried figs, with the salty prosciutto, to the tangy melted cheese. Not too much filling, not overly complicated, just right. I chose to have focaccia as my side, but you could choose a salad or fruit. Busy at lunchtime with workers from the area tech/bio-tech businesses and universities. A nice atmosphere in a nice area of town. I will be back!

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We made a reservation for Sunday brunch and it ended up being a beautiful day! The restaurant was opened up which was great. The restaurant was packed which is usually a good sign. The host was so nice and accommodating. I ended up getting the French toast with lemon and blueberry compote. It was so yummy! I'm a big fan of breakfast/brunch and have been looking for a great place in Boston and finally found it! Cant wait to come back and try something else!

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I bought a sad looking breakfast sandwich that consisted of overcooked egg & bacon, and my friend ordered a breakfast plate of eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns that didn't come with toast (we didn't even order drinks, and that still came to a disappointing $25 I would have rather not spent).
To their credit the service was wonderful, we had a very helpful and attentive waitress and the open inside/outside patio seating is a lovely place to sit.
We were looking for a cheap diner that would serve a simple bacon n eggs type of breakfast but after asking multiple people (hotel concierge, bellmen, valet, etc), this was just not what we were looking for.

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Sunshower,
I am very disappointed you did not like your breakfast and we could not be the type of place you were looking for. I am glad however that you liked the service and decor. Julie remembers you and was trying to help you find something you would like. Her impression was that you were Ok with it and you were very nice. We do have toast and that could have been an option versus the fruit you received but that of course is in hindsight. An egg plate would have been 2.00 less and I would be happy to refund that to you but I see you paid cash. If you are ever in the neighborhood again, please let me know and I will take care of it. I don't think she offered that as an option. Thank you for your feedback as we take all of it very seriously. Regards, Teri Chef/Owner Cafe Luna

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We new that the place must be good when we got to wait about 45 minutes for the table. Nevertheless food was really delicious.