“There is no one better”
Review of Cafe Luna

Cafe Luna
Ranked #8 of 671 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual, full service restaurant /cafe serving breakfast lunch and dinner with a popular weekend brunch. Modern decor with outdoor seating. Specialties include salads, sandwiches, flatbread pizzas, chicken burgers, vegetarian and vegan options. Take out and delivery available.
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The kindness, the taste, the excellent choices makes your trip to Cafe Luna a trip that will become a must return over and over. Mat is an unbelievable host . And if your breakfast was great , you will need to go for lunch too.

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

first time at their 'new' location. very busy, happy place. I treated myself to the hearty eggs Benedict and lobster and it was very good, home made hollandaise sauce and had a side salad. This actually traveled well - the recyclable take out containers kept the eggs warm and I was happy with this meal. not inexpensive yet quite tasty.

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you! Even though I feel it tastes better on a plate! :) (Unfortunately lobster is so expensive right now) I am so glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Went there for a brunch with a friend a few years ago. It was really nice. We ate outside, everything was very good (lemon curd waffle + strawberry french toasts i think ...). The waiter was very nice and we were offered a waffle to go at the end. Would definitely recommand it.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We found ourselves a few streets away from the MIT campus in Cambridge, MA on a rainy day last week It was mid-afternoon and we were looking for a place to have a late lunch. Noticing the crowded doorway of Café Luna, we thought we would try it. The place was serving brunch and was full. A couple of minutes later Mr. Matt Haymer, the co-owner of the Café came over. He offered to seat us at the counter, with the promise of a table as soon as one became available. Mr. Haymer was a gentle, soft-spoken person who assured us we would be taken care of. There were lots of things on the menu we would have liked, but we wanted light fare. I kept it really simple and ordered fried eggs and toast. My wife ordered black bean home fries. Mr. Haymer said they had moved there just four months earlier. When we were seated at a table, a friendly staff member served us. The eggs and toast were just that, but were also just right. The toast was well toasted and buttered, exactly how I liked it. My wife’s black bean home fries were absolutely delightful. The spiciness of the potatoes was perfect and the whole dish was mouthwateringly tasty. Both of us shared it and enjoyed it thoroughly. We thanked Mr. Haymer for his attentive care. We were happy we ate at Café Luna. The menu was not huge, but significantly varied and the food was absolutely delicious. Next time we are in Cambridge, we will return to Café Luna, this time with some friends we want to take out for a meal.

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you vey much! I am glad you found us.
Best,

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch. They were still serving breakfast, which was a bonus. We sat at a sidewalk table on a lovely weekday afternoon. Our server was friendly and attentive. I ordered a fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese omelette. The others had a BLTC (chicken breast added on) and fries and a summer harvest salad. Everyone was happy with their food. The salad was big and served with a few slices of bread and your choice of goat's cheese or feta. The fries had a nice garlicky taste to them, maybe even a bit of truffle oil. But my omelette, come on! So good! This omelette was so much better than any other omelette I have had, really, I'm not being hyperbolic. Well balanced sweet from the dried figs, with the salty prosciutto, to the tangy melted cheese. Not too much filling, not overly complicated, just right. I chose to have focaccia as my side, but you could choose a salad or fruit. Busy at lunchtime with workers from the area tech/bio-tech businesses and universities. A nice atmosphere in a nice area of town. I will be back!

thaymer, Owner at Cafe Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017