US$481
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
1,185 results
All reviewschia lagunakids clubmini clubevening entertainmentbouganville restaurantevery nightpastaacross the roadhalf boardfresh fishsmall childreninterconnecting roomslovely resortfootball academymain poolland trainentertainment team
Reviewed 3 July 2015

Visited this hotel for a 3-day conference and was shocked by the attitude at reception: there was an issue with my booking, which was not my fault, and the staff seemed to be annoyed with me rather than apologetic. Food was really average, seafood tasted like frozen, not fresh stuff, at least the restaurant staff was very helpful. My bungalow had great views but the shower was a sorry trickle and despite being up the hill a good 10 min treck to the nearest bar, there was only water in the minibar. Wifi was erratic at the conference, at every coffee break we had to ask somebody to put toilet paper in the ladies' room. Finally, my colleague tried to exchange a suntan lotion she had purchased by mistake (still wrapped and unopened) for a different product at the resort's expensive shop and the shopkeeper flatly declined... although it is a statutory right to return anything within 10 days of purchase... Chia Laguna? Thanks but no thanks.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Cristina M
Chialagunaresort, Direttore generale at Chia Laguna - Hotel Village, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

Dear Cristina M.,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are very sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.

We take very seriously your comments that I have shared with the rest of the management team. Thank you for taking the time to write your concern, as this will allow us to make sure similar incidents will not happen again.

Should you be visiting Sardinia in the future please contact me directly and I will personally ensure you have an enjoyable stay with us.

Kind regards,

Gian Luca Ivaldi
General Manager Chia Laguna Resort

Reviewed 23 June 2015

I don’t want to sound spoilt and rant, but given the choice people currently have between various south European destinations and resorts, Chia Laguna certainly missed expectations and we don’t feel the expense was justified. The reception told us upon arrival that it’s much better than Forte Village (where we also stayed previously)- it certainly wasn’t.
Specifically:
Accommodation- the Spazio Oasi room we had (which was one of the better ones, I understand) was very angular with impractical furniture- too many tables, not enough space to store clothes. No soap in the bathroom. One light switch kept getting jammed, and sometimes woke us up at night with bright light. Once we got a wake-up call which we never requested.
Restaurants- very little choice of restaurants for the resort (4 in total, 1 reserved for Laguna guests only), poor service in Bouganville (seems staff are obsessed with clearing out the plates from tables, even if they haven’t been finished or even started- I had to take my dessert 3 times and explain to the manager that this is not finished), very slow at pool bar (half an hour to wait for fries and then more for sandwich, wrong bills, staff speak only Italian). Quality and variety of food is poor (like my husband said- I am not actually looking forward to meal times here). Le Dune restaurant was the better choice so we went there exclusively for all lunches (amazing tiramisu!).
Generic- NO information was given to us at reception nor was available in the room re the resort (actually, there wasn’t even a number to call the reception!). So we only found out by chance about tennis lessons for kids (which was too late in our stay). When I booked the holiday I asked re gym classes and was told that there would be classes running- however the gym was unstaffed and when the instructor arrived (half way through our stay) the only classes was yoga on the beach used by another hotel. Very few staff speak something other than Italian.
Golf – when we booked we were told there is a practice course. However nobody mentioned that in order to play there, you need some medical certificate. So we only used the driving range once (don't expect full range of equipment to rent, we were lucky the person there on the day had some clubs we could borrow).
Reception- when arranging check-out it transpired that the transfer company didn’t confirm the transfer and the reception promised to call them when they open first thing next morning (we needed to depart from resort at 10.15am). At 9.30am I checked and it turned out the reception forgot to call, so only when I reminded, they did call.

To finish on a good note- we did have a nice holiday. The weather, sea, beach, pools were nice. The kids club was very well organized and the staff were friendly and the only part of the resort who spoke decent English (they even spoke French and Russian to the kids when they found out that they speak those languages). Everything for the kids was well arranged- the kids restaurant, the show, the disco. The kids loved it.

However, we will not be returning to Chia Laguna and won’t be recommending it to people.

5  Thank 31zvezda
Chialagunaresort, Direttore generale at Chia Laguna - Hotel Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2015

Dear 31zvedza,

In closing, we would like to thank you for highlighting the beauty of our location, set in one of the most enchanting sceneries in Southern Sardinia.
The Resort fronts a broad expanse of fine golden sand beaches, backed by wind-modelled dunes, lapped by transparent turquoise waters among the most famous on Sardinia’s south western coast.

Thank you for the nice words spent regarding our Kids Club as well, one of our stronger selling points.

Gian Luca Ivaldi
General Manager Chia Laguna Resort

Reviewed 19 June 2015

The breakfast could use more local fruit (not canned) especially when one goes to a location with such climate 9 months a year! No fresh proscuito either - meats are industrial cuts which is sad. Bread choice is very limited to two kinds. Seems they try, but due to budget cuts are limited. Staffs in and around hotel are very helpful and accomodating when you ask. Dinners have a nice selection of foods although cut backs over the years are obvious (no fresh schrimp.) Garden rooms have been nicely upgraded and appointed although bathrooms are small and cramped. The beach is splendid, however the walkway to the beach could use some cleanup or furniture and garbage. Prices are such that improvements should be made.
When there are conferences, it is certainly a significant drawback to services and atmosphere. We would reccomend one asks before reserving. Don't eat the ice cream because it is not the finest quality (sugar and color enhancements are overdone) and costs Euro 3,00 per small scoop - a big ripoff which the hotel should be
ashamed to accept! The cleaning personel do a great job and always wiling to help with extras if you need. the wifi is not stable. The train drives lack any customer service or friendliness to the passengers - they do their job - could be improved. the front desk personel are friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, they have no after market follow up with customers or any feedback mails to guests therefore improvements come only from what the new owners and managers feel important or necessary.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor near to pools are conveniant and worth the extra.
2  Thank pinme
Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

Well, you pay 600 euro months and months in advance for the worst room ( remember 501!) during off-season incl half board for food they haven't even cooked yet ....
What they call a bungalow is a tiny ground floor room with a tiny bathroom.
Food is lacking taste and mainly lacking choice.
Wi-fi is useless.
Totally overpriced!
Why 3 points and not zero....?
Beach is nice, some of the staff are pleasant AND room is very clean and cleaning lady does a terrific job.
If the cleaning lady is the highlight..... Have a 3 week holiday on a Greek island for the price of a week at chia Laguna !

Stayed: June 2015
2  Thank itzibitzi
Reviewed 14 June 2015

This was our third stay at Laguna village and it just gets better as our children get older. I've read the recent reviews below and can only assume they are fussy eaters- the choices of food are varied and wonderful. There is typical,Italian food every night, so if you're expecting chips and fried food then it isn't going to happen. We stayed for ten nights and were disappointed when we DIDN'T see some dishes repeated as they were so delicious. It is not high season in May as can clearly be seen by how quiet it is- I don't therefore expect them to have everything open at all times.
The kids' club staff and evening disco is perfect for slightly older children (20month olds will love it when three years - believe me!) and is later than we would do things in the UK, but I'm in Sardinia so adjust to their way of doing things. Selene looked after my children so well.
We have never once experienced a small room and have stayed in the basic garden cottage. The garden was a bonus and I'm not sure the presence of native midges is really something that can be controlled! The resort is impeccably clean and many landscaping works were going on whilst we were there to get it ready for high season. We have also stayed at Forte and for the extra £2k we paid there, Chia is far far better and more family friendly. We will be back next year! We worry that nowhere will compare. We like having everything we need at the resort without traipsing around into towns with young children. Thanks for an amazing stay.

Room Tip: Go for a family garden cottage if you have two+ children.
1  Thank 65meatball