This is my 2nd time staying at the La Contessa apartments and whilst we had a wonderful time (as we did the first time) there were a few things, which weren’t up to scratch.
1. Cleanliness. When we went the first time we had a wonderful (huge) two-bedroom apartment over looking the sea. It was so clean and pristine that it was a real joy to stay there. This time, we had a slightly smaller apartment (which was fine) but it wasn’t that clean. The net up at the balcony windows were stained, the shed thing out on the balcony had beer cans and rubbish stored in it, the pillows weren’t that savoury and it just looked a little more dirty than the first time.
2. The Balcony Door in the bedroom didn’t lock!! Ok so it didn’t lock, that’s fine we thought, we will just report it. I reported it to the guy who showed us to our apartment. He looked at it, gave me a bit of a dirty look then left, I assumed he would be back t fix it but nope, no one came back and no one said anything to us about it the rest of the holiday. I got the impression he thought I’d broken it. The shed door was also ripped off (we had terrible weather) so I reported that at the same time. I have to say, due to the bad weather we had very little sleep those days because of the wind BANGING the doors - ALL NIGHT.
3. Glasses and cups. We tried to bring glasses with us as last time around they didn’t have nice wine glasses and we didn’t want to drink our vino out of mugs again (easyjet put a stop to that with two glasses being broken in transit), this apartment had EVEN WORSE glasses and mugs. The 2 mugs that were there, one had a huge chip out of it, likewise with the glasses. We had to constantly look at the glass to make sure we didn’t slice our mouths open!!
That said, the people in the office were very pleasant, the beds were comfy and we had the most amazing view. I know it sounds like I’m really moaning and being negative but whilst I probably wouldn’t stay with them again, I have to say they are great value and Santa Teresa is a lovely place. Perhaps it’s just one of those apartments where a week is long enough.
I do have to also say that the service from Marcella was great, we arrived late and she sent someone to come and get us from the bus station. She was also very helpful when booking the apartment and made sure I had a great deal.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Residence la Contessa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence La Contessa Santa Teresa Gallura, Sardinia