“Go For Apps And Drinks”
Review of Shagbark

Shagbark
Ranked #10 of 1,846 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 31 January 2018

First of all, it's currently in a still-being-built-heavily-under-construction area that will be a bit off putting at first, but there is a nice library and common area ... it's worth it. We were consistently impressed by the apps. Get the fois gras, Vidalia bisque, oysters are always fresh and amazing, etc. The mains have been hit or miss for us ... still.decent, but don't live up to the hype after such excellent apps. We go for drinks and apps and maybe a dessert and skip the mains! Live it up! :)

Reviewed 22 January 2018

My wife and I stopped in here for dinner when staying for a night in Richmond. The reviews are quite accurate, very good food, locally sourced and very nice service. A bit of a southern flare, and unusual ingredients made for a fun evening. Wait staff are pleasant, knowledgeable. Would definitely have dinner here again if in the area.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

I have been a couple of times now and cannot say enough positive things about this restaurant. The waitstaff is so professional and friendly and the food is fantastic! If you have not checked them out please do. The bar space is perfect for a girls gathering !!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Four of us tonight. Two appetizers for me—the butternut squash soup and mushroom risotto, just the right amount of food to save room for dessert, a crazy good pumpkin cheesecake. My wife had the salmon, which she loved, and our two friends both ordered medium rare duck. They shared and it too was delicious. Very good service. Large open dining room with plenty of space between tables with very comfortable chairs. With a drink before and three desserts, bill came to about $95 per couple before tip. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I'd been hearing such great things about Shagbark, I looked forward to my visit with trepidation. I didn't want the reviews to be inflated. They weren't. I dined at Shagbark twice in a month, and both visits exceeded my expectations. The butternut squash soup arrives with a bowl with a few candied pecans. Where's the soup?! And then the server pours the squash soup into the bow from a tiny pitcher. It is worth the wait. My entree was a mushroom and seafood pasta. The sauce was light and the seafood and pasta were cooked perfectly. The dessert options were amazing, but sadly, we were too full so we ended our meal savoring the main courses.

Been to Shagbark? Share your experiences!