“Fantastic Halligans!”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Our first trip here and how fantastic. Family that lives in Richmond took us there.Their son is a fireman. We had just left his fire station where we had a wonderful tour. Halligans has a fire truck in the resteurent that serves as the bar. It has all the hoses, horns and sirens with flashing lights. Our waitress, Cindy, was awesome, food delicious and even had the pleasure of meeting Shawn Gregory the owner. We had BBQ Nachos,The Chief, BBQ sandwiches, coleslaw and baked beans. Sampled smoked wings that Shawn sent over, delicious. Would definitely go back when in Richmond.Prices very reasonable. Fantastic time.

2  Thank Gloria B

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I went to the Halligan for lunch today as a result of a random Google search and was not dissapointed. The wings and barbecue were really good with large portions. The decor is firehouse themed and the walls are covered in patches from fire houses all over the US.

The staff were excellent as well. Great to talk to and over all great service. The staff and owner are also very supportive of police, fire, and military personnel. I would definitely return her next time im in the area.

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Jesus probably ate this at The Last Supper. SO delicious at great prices, and the staff was super friendly too!
Fun atmosphere. Lots of interesting things to see inside as well.

1  Thank sm1302012
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

I was buying cigars at the Richmond Cigar Factory and stopped in for a beer and lunch. I had eaten here before and at one of their fancier stores. The fish & chips were good and the beer cold. The barmaid was attentive and friendly. The disappointment came with paying my tab. Gave her $35 for a $28 tab, looking to break the $5. Got change for the $28 tab & no $5. Then she promptly disappeared. Got tired if waiting for her & left. She got my $5 and the few coins on the counter. Sad.

Reviewed 17 April 2016

We had a group of 7 that went to dinner together at Halligan's. My wife and I split the Halligan BBQ platter and ordered the beef brisket as our meat choice along with cole slaw and mashed potatoes. The brisket wasn't the best I have ever had but it still was very good. The cole slaw and mashed potatoes were also very good. We ordered hush puppies and fried pickles for appetizers and I especially liked the fried pickles. They were kind of spicy which I do like. I also put extra Halligan's sauce on my beef brisket and was sweating by the time I finished it. Their sauce is not hot but is spicy. Will definitely go there again.