“Comfortable stay in the center of downtown”

Omni Richmond Hotel
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 5 December 2017

We spent 5 days at the Omni and enjoyed our stay very much. Our second room was well-appointed and very comfortable. The staff was helpful trying to correct problems with our first room (heat) and eventually resituated us to our second room. We thought the hotel would have a coffee shop/bar, but it doesn’t; however, there is a Starbucks attached to it and an Arby’s in the attached building. We opted not to eat at the hotel’s restaurant because it was mostly pasta although it looked quite good. The concierge was very helpful in arranging (free) transportation to distant sites. The location — in the Shockley section of Richmond — was perfect For visiting Va. Government offices, museums, Capitol buildings, and other historic sites.

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms have a better view than the even ones.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Jay S, General Manager at Omni Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

patkaloger,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review reflecting your recent stay at our property. We are delighted to hear that your stay was made great by our services and location. I'll be certain to pass along this great review to our team to share how much they positively impacted your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travels bring you to the Richmond area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,084)

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We stayed here for one night in mid-November. At midnight, I was awakened by significant construction noise coming from within the hotel. This noise, which included jackhammers, continued for three hours. I tried to call the front desk for almost an hour but there was a constant busy signal. At 2:00 am, I went to the front desk to complain but no one was able to help me. I was told that the construction had been contracted for by the hotel and that therefore, the front desk could not ask the workers to stop. I find it very hard to believe that a hotel would allow noisy construction to take place at night when people are obviously trying to sleep, but that is what I was told. I spoke to Sarah, the Director of Rooms, on the phone and she was also unable to resolve the issue. The front desk staff told me that there was no manager on duty and that I would have to wait until 8:00 am the following morning to speak to a manager. Since we needed to leave early the next morning to return to our home in Washington DC, I decided to raise my concerns with the general manager of the property, Mr. Sheldon, via email the day after. It has been over two weeks since I sent Mr. Sheldon my email and I have yet to receive an acknowledgement, much less a response.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experiences. I have reached out to you directly as well, but apologize that I did not receive your original email.

I also apologize that you and your family were impacted by the unforeseen emergency repairs that took place the night of your stay with us. This is certainly not the type of experience that we intend for any of our guests to have with us.

I look forward to speaking with you directly.

Thank you.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Everyone was so friendly, and we just loved how festive everything was for the holidays. We did have an opportunity to enjoy a beverage and appetizer at the bar, and the quality of the food was really good.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Jay S, General Manager at Omni Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

P3565LCmarkb,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review of your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time while you were here, and we'll be certain to pass along your compliments to our team in Trevis. It is a very special time in this area during the holidays, and we're glad that it was able to be a part of your trip to Richmond city. We would love to welcome you back again soon for another memorable stay!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

This Omni did not live up to other Omni experiences. Overall, it felt tired and need of an upgrade. Basic functions in my room, such as having a working faucet, were not present. Overall, I was unimpressed and would not opt to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Adam R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with feedback from your recent stay. We are sorry to hear that you encountered these issues during your visit, and would like to thank you as well, for bringing these errors to our attention so that we can correct them. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. Thank you.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

The staff were friendly and quick It was my first stay at an Omni hotel but the hotel & room left me feeling less than impressed. I did not know where to locate hotel amenities (little directional signage) and the desk staff did not ask if it was my first stay or give information on the location of anything but the elevators. The room had mutipule cosmetic issues which I will say relate to it needing an upgrade but the room was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

M9837JIkellyj,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with feedback from your recent stay with us. Thank you, also, for choosing to stay with us out of the many hotels in the area. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than superb and can guarantee that this is not typical of our property. We will be certain to follow up on the issues that occurred during your check in process, as well as the condition of the room you were in. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a stay you truly deserve.