“Best arepas I've had in the US”
Review of Bocata Latin Grill

Bocata Latin Grill
Ranked #671 of 1,752 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Description: Bocata is a family owned restaurant inspired in bringing authentic Venezuelan and Mexican flavors to Richmond.
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Food here was amazing! Came from the west coast and was glad to find this gem. Some places ask you to leave a review so I'm skeptical to believe in the reviews. Know that I'm not leaving this review because I was asked to do so... the food here is simply that good. I came to Richmond on a business trip for 2 days, both days I ate at Bocata. I had the Sifina, Catira, the hotdog and the tequeños. They are all amazing!
Venezuelan hot dogs are different than American so you have to be prepared and open minded about a loaded dawg.
The arepas were juicy and tasty.
Seems like locals are starting to discover this place, it's steady busy but not too crazy. You wait about 10 minutes for food to be ready because it's freshly made upon ordering.
Hope my travels bring me to Richmond again and wish this place the best success... They deserve it.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped in Richmond on a long trip. We were looking for dinner and came across reviews on Bocata. It is in a strip mall that has empty stores so we were a bit skeptical. We decided to go in and give it a try. We were not disappointed!! The food was delicious. We had a group of 13 so we sampled many dishes. The nachos are made with home made arepas, not tortilla chips and were amazing and fresh. We had empanadas, arepas and multiple other dishes and they were delicious. The young man working the front was welcoming and helpful!! I can't say enough even though it is small a mall store front. Go in if you want excellent food!

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Fantastic place! The arepas and empanadas are absolutely amazing. Don't forget to try the tequeños. The green garlic sauce that comes with it is just as amazing. We got the arepa pelua and it did not disappoint. The passion fruit juice is also a hit. Go to Bocata Latin Grill! You won't regret it.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and children ate here and found the food excellent. We have dined in Central and South America and the food here compares well to authentic Latin food in these locales. Certainly ranks as some of the best on the East Coast.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

So I have been 3 times and I am trying out the menu. Yesterday I got the Pelua arepa with beef filling and a hotdog. The arepa was very good the hot dog had too much bun. The Parilla is excellent but pricey. The hamburgers is also very good. Very fresh and tasty, the food always comes out hot.