“Easter Brunch”
Review of Bistro 27

Bistro 27
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 27 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 1,752 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Corner of Broad and Adams
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Equal to the best in Richmond (a la Jefferson Hotel). Friendly greeting. Attentive staff. Excellent pre meal appetizer bar. Wonderful menu selections. Priced right. We will go back!

1  Thank Lawrence S

Reviewed 30 March 2018

What an incredible and very personal experience we had at Bistro 27. We could elaborate on the ambience, the wait staff, the delicious food but our experience went far beyond that.
Seven of us arrived at the restaurant at 6:00 pm for our dinner reservation only to find the door locked. David, a server at the restaurant, greeted us and advised the restaurant was closed. Our reservation was somehow misplaced. To say we were disappointed was an understatement, especially since we were there to celebrate a friend's birthday that just came in from out of town. The disappointment was all over our faces. By that William, the owner/manager, came to the door. He was very gracious, apologized for the confusion and invited us in. What started out to be a quick visit turned into several hours. We had drinks, delicious food, great fellowship and unbelievable hospitality. William and David not only invited us into the restaurant, they opened their hearts, gave up their time and turned an evening that began with disappointment into a magical night. Our friend declared it was the best birthday he ever had...we all said it was one of the best experiences we ever had.
Thank you Bistro 27, William and David, for your kindness and generosity. It will never be forgotten!!!

1  Thank bsmjgm0219
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Wow!I snuck into Richmond for a weekend visit after being gone for a year. Now living in Charleston, known as the restaurant Mecca, my expectations have risen. I was pleasantly surprised and elated at my dinner selection this evening. I enjoyed the Caesar salad with grilled shrimp; delicious! My entree selection was the Rainbow Trout,it was prepared with a bourbon glaze and was the best sauce you can imagine. We sat at the bar, had some spirits and a very enjoyable dining experience. Great night back in RVA! Glad we decided to have dinner at Bistro 27! The new chef did a wonderful job with the dinner and I look forward to returning. Now waiting to dive into dessert!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

I work with Bistro 27 as often as possible for full-service catering of large receptions that include VIPs. William goes above and beyond to take good care of his clients, never sneaks in hidden costs, and is a pleasure to work with in every way. The food is always delicious and displayed beautifully. Plus it's a great value for the money. I also appreciate the professionalism of the folks he brings to staff my events. I seriously don't know what I would do without this restaurant.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Dining at Bistro 27 was delightful. The pre-dinner cocktails were delicious and our server was friendly and courteous. We had the calamari and escargot for our appetizer courses, both very good, the escargot was devine. Our main courses were the lump crab and sea bass and the crispy duck Breast with cherry mostarda. The duck was wonderful, but the sea bass was over cooked enough that it detracted from an otherwise great dish. The Carving Board Chardonnay was a perfect match for the two main courses.
All in all we had a lovely evening and will likely return.