“Decent main dish and sides. Overall experience and location not so great.”
Review of Alamo BBQ

Alamo BBQ
Ranked #151 of 1,640 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: We Got Beef
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Had the two meat platter with pulled pork and beef brisket. For the three sides that came with the platter, I chose Cowboy Beans, Black Beans and Rice and Cornbread. The food was good, not great. Location is not great and overall atmosphere (outside, street corner, not the greatest part of town, etc.) will keep me from coming back. There are too many other better BBQ joints in town that offer better food and a lot better total package. Average per person tab for the three of us that ate for lunch was $13.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

I was there for a business lunch meeting. It has a walk-up window and was very busy for lunch. The food was good to very good--probably 3.5. It is a bit pricey. Outside seating is fine too.

1  Thank William M
Reviewed 30 June 2016

I had looked forward to a great BBQ meal, having heard good things about Alamo. I was sorely disappointed. I had a combo meal, brisket, beans, corn bread and mac & cheese (with jalapeños). The brisket was--quite literally--at least half fat. The meat was OK, tender, but not very tasty. But the large chunks of fat were a turn off. I liked the smokey flavor of the baked beans, and the spicy mac and cheese was tasty. I was surprised by the corn bread which was sweet and cakey. Overall, I would give this place a miss.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Very meh experience. Brisket was tough, pork wasn't great either. The cornbread was good, but that should not be the redeeming factor of a BBQ place. Pass on this one.

1  Thank Stephanie F
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

We stopped for a quick Pork BBQ sandwich, not knowing that this was a pretty popular Richmond BBQ place. The sandwich was very good, as were the Mac n cheese (with a bit of a kick) and the corn-black bean salad. Yum!