“Excellent Champagne Sunday Brunch”

Sunday Champagne Brunch at the Jefferson Hotel
Ranked #51 of 1,752 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Sunday Champagne Brunch at The Jefferson is a Richmond tradition. Each week our chef creates a menu to feature Virginia’s best seasonal ingredients. Brunch is served in the Rotunda lobby with seating at the bottom of the Grand Staircase and around the Mezzanine. Advance reservations are required.
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We had a birthday Sunday Brunch this past weekend with our son and his wife and friends from out of town. All I can say is it was outstanding! If you want a special occasion place to go this is it. The hot food was hot and cold seafood dishes cold. Everyone love the steamed shrimp and the oysters on half shell were amazing. Smoked salmon and lox were delicious. Had a custom made omelet and the grits were creamy with no lumps and bacon locally sourced. Pastries were good and cards identified the gluten free so there was no guesswork. Service was impeccable with free flowing champagne coffee and fresh orange juice. We sat downstairs which I would recommend. Granted there was more traffic but did not want to have to climb up and down about 20 steps to get to the tables on the mezzanine. However, they do have an elevator to get to second level. Friends said it was an amazing spread and everyone loved the food. Server brought a cupcake with a birthday candle for my son. It is a little pricey but worth the cost for the quality of food (not your run of the mill buffet), service and ambience. Note: they do take reservations up to 6 months in advance and the holiday Sundays get booked early. So, if you are thinking of going for a special occasion call early. I called 3 weeks in advance and they were booked. I asked to be put on a wait list and got the call on Wednesday there was a cancellation so we grabbed it.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I have been 3 times. On an average Sunday the prices are very reasonable for full buffet and unlimited champagne brunch. Never disappoints! However the prices go up on Holidays. So if you plan on spending a Special Day i.e. Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day. Reservations open 6 month to the day and are booked by noon 6 months prior. To get Christmas this year I woke up at 6AM on June 25th to get the reservations. But that was only because I tried to get reservations for Christmas Eve Brunch and they were booked by 4PM on June 24th! But worth the price and the early rising! the atmosphere, the service, the food wow!!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Extensive, expensive and excellent. Selection from breakfast staples, fresh oysters on half shell, smoked salmon, fish, pork, chicken dishes, prime rib. Oh, they did have some vegetables, I think. And dessert. All washed down with champagne, OJ, coffee, tea, etc. Plan for an hour and a half to two hours. Great for holiday occasion.

1  Thank JS-VA
Reviewed 4 December 2017

My wife and I had reservations for 1pm but the staff was very disorganized and we weren't seated until 1:15 (a concern as we had to check out by 3). Most of the food was really good but there were some items that were over cooked or had been sitting too long like the cooked fish. The table service reflected the tip being included in the price of the brunch, long waits for refreshed coffee and champagne, I have had better service at Golden Corral. The ham was awesome. The waffles, sausages, potatoes, Jefferson spoon bread, shrimp and oysters were really good. I would say there were too many people for the space, especially to get access to the food and then having to take the food up stairs to eat is probably not the safest practice. There is an elevator but it was usually blocked by the line up for the omelet bar. We enjoyed ourselves but probably would not do this again.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Although I really enjoyed the ambiance and the setting, i did not appreciate the quality of snacks offered. The menu I list all these exotic tea (im a huge tea drinker and have tried tea in 34 different countries) but their tea tastes like regular english breakfast - i ordered their signature jefferson tea. The sandwiches and cupcakes were sub par except strawberry scone. also there was a fly sitting on the chocolate straberries...i asked the waitress to change that and she said it was fine. that was disgusting :( disappointed esp that I love their happy hour but this was a terrible experience.

1  Thank Joojooki