US$94
US$108
HIExpress.com
US$135
  • Restaurant
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$96
CandlewoodSuites
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$55
US$50
US$64
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This hotel is a dump. Checked in today and had to change rooms due to phone not working, body fluids on sheets on one of the beds. The hotel clerk was great and immediately moved us to another room. The sheets were clean in the next room but the beds looked like they were made up by a five year old. The closet door knob was barely hangi ng on and the air conditioner looked like it had not been cleaned in years. Also the carpet in the hallway is badly soiled and room service trays and dishes in the hallway looked like they had been there for days. We made this reservation with Hotwire and are very disappointed, never again. The only thing this hotel has going for it is the very nice staff!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We probably saved about 50% booking with the Top Secret Hotel option of Travelocity.
The property itself is older, our room was quite comfortable and roomy and well furnished, however it is obvious that they are trying to dress the hotel up to meet Crowne Plaza standards.
The front desk staff was quite courteous with us and overall I have no complaints of this hotel.
However we got the hotel at a reduced price and therefore feel we got good value for our money, had I paid more I would not be so gratious for this property, which was sold to us as 3 1/2 stars which is probably about right, it is definitely not 4 star quality, as are the other Crowne Plaza hotels that I have stayed at.
So, my suggestion would be to use Travelocity Top Secret Hotel when booking (I see someone write a review and they got it throught Hotwire, which is the same idea). We paid about $60 for the evening for comparison sake to their regular rates which would have been double that plus taxes. Therefore they get 4 stars because of the value we got in our stay at the 50% reduced rate we paid. Don't pay full price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bleuemoon2
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed here a few years ago and enjoyed it, but on my recent visit, it wasn't very clean, my room smelled awful, front desk staff were surly, and conference areas were dated and dingy. Very disappointing. No longer offer nice amenities in rooms, like lavender spray.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Deborah H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear Deborah H,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Richmond West.

I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

I do hope that if your travel plans do bring you to the area in the future, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Overall the hotel was nice facility, but the room was quite grungy. We found mold on one corner of the bathroom ceiling, and peeling in another. The side mirror was coming out of the wall.There was also an exceptional amount of dust and lent around the air conditioning unit, and a nasty old French fry hidden under a chair. On the bright side, at least the bed was clean.

I was also disappointed to see that the pool was smaller than pictured, and very few chairs. The attached restaurant was oddly expensive, given the quality of the hotel, and extremely slow. And, the weekend we stayed the whole place was full of high school teams. My toddler and I were placed in a "quiet" hall which advertised that it would not have toddlers or high school teams, and was overrun with both.

Overall, this could be a nice hotel, but it desperately needs a deep clean, so basic repairs, and attention to detail.

Room Tip: Try to stay on a lower floor. The elevators are small and overused.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Richmond Magnuson Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear hummingbird23,

Thank you for taking time to write your review of our property. I pleased you found our staff service satisfactory. I want to assure you we work very hard to ensure our facilities are superior and we strive to be the best Crowne Plaza around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations, especially with the bathroom facilities.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Virginia.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Comfortable rooms in quiet setting. Clean private and public areas, affordable

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family