Free cancellation until 29/07
US$94
US$85
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$102
The Jefferson Hotel(Richmond)
US$275
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2015

This place looks as if it went through a nuclear holocaust in the back. Don't let the nice lobby deceive you. While I stayed there there was no cable TV. Breakfast guests included huge roaches. The emplyees seem to be treated very poorly by the owner. Oh yes and the hot tub is more like a death vat. Please avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Don't but if you must try to be on the first floor. They have at least been renovated and don't smell terrible.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank LizY121
Reviewed 6 August 2015

Don't even think about staying if you're looking to have any type of a good stay. They are not even legally under the name Magnuson Hotels since January 2015. After contacting the corporate office to dispute the $150+ unauthorized charges and the blatant disrespect I received from the half rate Manager, they unbeknownst to themselves informed me they no longer had a "franchise" account with them. Just not worth it, had to cut my family stay short and report to my bank to receive a refund from the money they took and refused to give back. The hotel itself is negative stars, garbage and weeds overgrown in the parking lot, dirt covered windows, building falling apart, paper signs throughout the lobby, ice bin in the lobby since ice makes inoperable, terrible beds def not "pillow top" as they claim, had to pick up own towels at the desk, room was never serviced (unsure they even have maids), don't even plan on complimentary coffee let alone a Continental breakfast, very rude and disrespectful manager (who I almost had a physical altercation with) his wife I believe that works at the front desk is the one who made the extra charges and never once brought to my attention while checking in, no receipt, fitness room closed down, indoor pool was an antarctic pond and the hot tub was not working, it was desolate to be frank other than several mismatch chairs and a couple tables, elevator buttons not working correctly and has a hand written tapped sign saying you need to hold the buttons until it lights up in order to work (scary ride), the whOle place is just musty and run down, room have a 1990s tube TV stuffed in an armoire without even as much as a DVD player to go with it, stains on the white comforters with mini half size pillows. To say the least you get what you pay for and sometimes that quick Vaca $49 a night stay just isn't worth anything but a pass by on the Web page.

Room Tip: Please do not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
15  Thank tnic15
Reviewed 15 June 2015

This review is/was based on an 07/14 visit and my opinion only, not fact:

FYI, the RMG may be listed as "I-64 Richmond" hotel under Hotels.com and other websites

At one time, the RMG may have been grand, but its time is over. I suspect it may go out of business here at some point. Lack of maintenance has let this place go down the tubes. During the second week of Redskins training camp '14, the RMG had approximately 15 rooms occupied during the middle of the week. If business is this bad during a major event, I can imagine what it's like during off peak times. To start with, only one of two elevators were working. Ice makers on the first and second floor were out of order and had to go to the third floor to get ice.

And from the attached picture (see yelp review), you can see that hotel mngt/maintenance personnel have decided to cannibalize the fourth floor A/C units instead of repairing or replacing them--leaving uncovered holes in its place, with rooms open to the outside elements. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. The sheets and comforter were clean as was the bathroom. You could tell that the RMG was a nice place at one time, but lack of business has prevented the proper and needed upkeep. The location is very good. It's only 12 minutes to downtown Richmond and close to many restaurants and shopping.

As an added bonus, I observed someone doing the "perp-walk" and being lead away by the police in handcuffs, on our last night there.

Room Tip: IMO, stay at a better hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 6 May 2015

This hotel overcharged my credit card by $197.43. AFter several days, they did refund the money to my bank account, but by then it was too late. I did not have the extra $200 in my account to absorb this error, so my account became overdrawn and I was charged an additional $105.00 in overdraft charges. I contacted the Assistant Manager Anthony Christian. I offered to send him my bank statement to prove my overdraft charges but he said that the overdraft charges were between me and my bank.
I was not going to write a review about the ridiculous ice machines until this happened. I only stayed one night, but every ice machine in the hotel was out of order. Want to know where us guests were asked to get ice from? They had an oversized garbage can in the lobby filled with ice. At least they provided us with a scooper to get our ice out of the trash with.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Joanne J
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 April 2015 via mobile

My husband and I booked this place through trip advisor and it's Horrible!!!! First we both were charged and we NEVER spent the night! Not so much as signed a piece of paper to check in! There was a trash can in the Lobby that read "Ice Bucket" People were expected to dig ice from it! It says Magnisun and it's really called I-64 Hotel. Unless you are accustomed to staying in SLEEZY PLACES stay away from here!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple