US$94
US$128
US$113
US$119
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$93
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$88
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

US$55
US$55
US$60
US$64
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

I booked this place on Airbnb, which list it as a bnb with entire home and private room. This couldn't be further from the truth. It's nothing more then a seedy motel.

After two day of trying to make alteration to my reservations, someone got back to me saying they could because of policy. On my contract it stated full refund would be given for days I don't stay. After putting in my request the owner went online and change the cancellation policy from flexible to strict. Mr P is a complete scumbag.

Poor service. Dirty rooms. Broken tvs and the Internet is close to dialup speed.

I wouldn't wish this dump on my enemies.

Stayed: March 2016
2  Thank Nathan O
Reviewed 27 January 2016

Upon looking online for rates, this was the best deal. Come to find out, they don't offer room service to their weekly's (All I needed was towels changed and lines changed once a week). If you wanted this done, you had to pay an extra 15 dollars. If you needed toilet paper, you had to pay an additional 2 bucks per roll. Their ice machines were broken. Hallways were dark for the most part. If you wanted to work there, they would offer you a room for free instead of paying someone. Online said that they offered onsite laundry. But they don't. If you pay using a debit card, they will charge your card an additional $35. They preferred cash only. If you want a fridge in your room, that's an additional 10 dollars for an extremely small fridge. Even ones in college rooms are bigger than the one offered in my room. Online stated that they also had two burners in the room so you could cook. I never did see any in the room I was in. There is an indoor pool but it isn't in use. Same goes for their fitness center.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank another d
Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

Worst experience ever with this hotel! Owner of hotel or employee refused to refund room rate after two rooms were booked and paid for in full. The room was reserved for a birthday party for a child upon arriving we were advised that there would be an additional fee per child and also that only 4 guest were allowed per room. There were 7 children and 1 adult. We finally came to an agreement (after police were called) and gave deposits that were mandated upon arrival and went to check into room. We had two joined rooms and upon going onto the elevators (which did not display license and worked poorly) we realized that they had only given us one room key the kids stayed upstairs as I requested the other key. I was then asked to check out because I was in violation of the deposit agreement and the money paid would not be refunded the police were still there at that time and said the hotel is known for this! So basically two rooms were paid for and only one was actually entered and we were charged for 2 rooms as well as the deposit and did not even stay! Very awful establishment.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank jasminelmayton
Reviewed 8 December 2015

We arrive at this hotel thinking that we got the best deal ever looking at the fancy lobby. Well, let me tell you! You can not judge a book by its cover especially when it comes to the Magnuson Hotel. Here is the list of horror we went threw dealing with these penny pinching SCUMBAGS!!
1.) They refuse to give you clean sheets, bath towels, toilet paper and charge you $30 extra for these things that come standard at any hotel.
2.) There is no working heat in the rooms. Switched rooms and same issue and would not give a discount. Even the hallways don't get heat.
3.)Both Ice machines are broken, side door is broken and the washer/dryer is broken. They say they are fixing It but never do. Even the elevator buttons don't work and it feels like it will break when you get in it!
4.) They illegally have their workers work literally to have a roof over their head. They work to have a room to stay in the hotel.
5.) They kicked everyone of my employees out of the hotel for no reason middle of the way thru the week so they could keep the money and security deposit. They claim that you broke the air conditioner as means to keep your deposit. I know because they did this to my employees and I.

Stay away from this place at all costs. This place is unworthy of even 1 star! They get a negative 5 star. I have never wrote a review on anyone but I was so disgusted to get the word out about this place that I had to warn all! Stay away from the Magnuson Hotel!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
8  Thank David P
Reviewed 13 September 2015

The minute I entered the faulty elevator which included a note that one should "hold the button longer to get to the first floor", I knew I was in for a negative experience. There were mysterious stains all along the carpet in the hallway to my room. When I hit the light switch to see the room, the light started flickering. One of the lamps didn't even turn on due to a broken outlet. The toilet was running constantly all night. The room did not have blackout curtains, which was a first for me. I would absolutely recommend any tourist to stay away from this hotel. Save your money and go to a hotel that actually cares about the quality of their service. It was obvious that the management does not put any effort into the maintenance of their hotel.

Room Tip: non smoking, nice view, higher floors
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends