“Died and landed in BBQ Heaven”

Ronnies Ribs, Wings, and Other Things
Ranked #318 of 1,638 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: There is a Facebook Page
Description: There is a Facebook Page
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Rode the Capital Bike Trail and needed some good, tasty BBQ after the ride. Asked a local woman at a petrol station where to get some great BBQ. She pointed left and said a few miles down the road on the right; where I found Ronnies. Ordered the Sampler (brisket, pulled pork, ribs and wings) and had sides of collards and cole slaw. The brisket was heavenly, by far the best I ever had. If you order nothing else here, try the brisket !!! The ribs were a close second to the ribs. Pulled pork was also excellent. The wings were large, juicy and tasty. If you are visiting Richmond for any reason, visit Ronnies. It''s about 10 minutes south of Richmond by car. What a find !!!

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Ronnie's moved to New Market Road. The food remains excellent. It is a favorite stop for cyclists now that is positioned on the Capital Trail.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

I ride my motorcycle all over Va and I always try the local BBQ. There are a lot of disappointments out there, and I don't know how to rate Ronnies. I always get the ribs, that's the one true benchmark for BBQ. Pulled pork is easy and mostly flavored with sauce which masks the flavor of the smoke. But you can't fake ribs. Now the ones I got were mostly fat, but the bark was good and the flavor was on point. They know what they are doing so I think I just got a bad rack. The price is better them most other BBQ joints, and the potions are generous. I will be back to try them again. This time I will get the rib combo just to hedge by bet.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Went to Ronnies after riding on the capital trail. I had the brisket combo it was very good and the baked beans were awesome. FYI the place is take out with 2 tables outside and a few chairs inside

2  Thank Roland D
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Happened to pass through New Market Road for another event and decided to hit Ronnies on the way back. I have been trying to get to this place but the location kept moving. With that said it was worth the wait. I arrived around 7 and was able to place my order immediately. I ordered the chicken BBQ sandwich with coleslaw, fries and collard greens with 1 wing. Everything was good but the fries were definitely a stand out. The fresh cut fries were hot and the portions were big. I had to share and I will definitely return. That special sauce. Yummy!!