“Always Delicious”

Q Barbeque
Ranked #293 of 1,640 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Worked late and wanted to grab a quick dinner with my wife and daughter. I just missed the burnt ends, they had just run out. We each ended up having the pulled pork. It had a level not over the top smoke level. The sauces are really god, Tuffy knows what he's doing here too. My favorite is the mac and cheese side. It's small, but just amazing. If you like BBQ you have to try Q.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

I've heard nothing but good things about them, so maybe I caught them on a bad day, but the BBQ I got was very dry and rather bland. Someone told me "that's what the sauce is for".......sorry but if BBQ needs sauce, IMO it is not good BBQ...and this was not. I might try it again in case this was an aberration.....but it probably won't be for some time.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

This place is always good, no surprises here. The staff is friendly and quite efficient. The food is outstanding and when they offer the weekday specials the prices are very reasonable too. Excellent food.

1  Thank ronns40
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Had the chance to try out Q BBQ while in Richmond recently. Coming from Texas, I am quite picky about my BBQ and can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed the beef brisket and sausage. Nice atmosphere, very tasty food and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

This is a place that I have wanted to go to since watching its owner as a competitor and judge on BBQ Pit Masters. Many will know him as the owner of the Cool Smoke Team.

On that weekend we spent at the Virginia State Fair we purposely stayed overnight so that we could have lunch here. (We thought we would be too full after a day at the fair)

Although I do not think this place is on a par with Franklin's in Austin, TX, it is the best I have eaten in Virginia or anywhere close by to it. The meat on the ribs just fall off the bone and the burnt ends were extremely good.

If one cannot make it to Austin or any points in Texas, this place will not disappoint.

One suggestion: If you are going for Burnt Ends on the weekend, go early since they were in short supply when we were there on an early Sunday Lunch

Been to Q Barbeque? Share your experiences!