“Dinner at the bar”

Ranked #51 of 1,648 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Found this place on trip advisor as we were passing through Richmond on our way to Miami. It has a large bar area and we ate there rather than wait for a table. The waiter was friendly and service was good. I had a wonton soup and my husband had the chicken wings which were excellent. We shared some springs rolls and they were the best. With drinks everything was 40 dollars- great value.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

This place is one of those places that if you didn't know it was there, you would surely miss it. It was recommended to me by a young man in my office. It is in a little part of town (Scott's Addition) across the street from Buz and Ned's Real BBQ just south of The Diamond Ball Park (near Boulevard and Broad). Went there with a friend after a LONG day at work. It was perfect!
The food is wonderful and the appetizers are outstanding. The service was beyond reproach. And, my "adult beverage" was right on the mark. The young lady who waited on us took very good care of us and made sure we had everything we needed and wanted. The prices are good and there is a wide variety of things on the menu. I suggest checking out their website and looking through the menu.

When I speak of "entertainment", I'm referring to the neighborhood where this restaurant is located. We sat next to the window and could watch the street traffic. It is a GREAT place for people watching.

Going there again tomorrow night with some girlfriends for a girls' night out. Can't wait. We've each already picked out our entree and our "adult beverage". There will be fun had by all!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I picked out Fat Dragon because of the many great reviews. I anticipated a traditional Chinese restaurant. We were surprised by the modern decor, music, and bar. We wondered if we had picked the wrong restaurant!!
We ordered 2 entrees (Tangerine Chicken/Mui Mui Bourbon Chicken) and 2 appetizers (Green Bean Stir Fry/Chili Dumplings). Wow!!! The food was amazing! Our waiter had suggested the appetizers and we were not disappointed! Not only was the food fantastic - the portions were huge! We could have easily ordered one entree and split it. Thankfully we were able to take home leftovers - I had enough for lunch and dinner the next day.
I would highly recommend a night out to Fat Dragon Chinese Kitchen and Bar! Will definitely make a return visit!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

It has been several years since I went to Fat Dragon, but I will certainly be back very soon! The dumplings and calamari on the appetizer menu were fantastic. We could have made an entire meal off of just that! The entrees were also excellent and the service was good. Top it off with Buskey’s Cider on draft - and it was an awesome date night!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Eric the bartender was wonderful, very friendly and knowledgeable about beers. I would go back just to see him, made us feel like we were his priority and we weren't even sitting at the bar. Chloe took over for him as our waitress and she was super. Answered all our questions and made great suggestions. The food is amazing, the fried mushroom appetizer was spicy without the sriracha sauce. The best appetizer I have ever ordered.
The kitchen doesn't open till 5 pm but come early for happy hour and stay for a delicious dinner.