“Awesome food every time we go!!”

Mary Angela's Italian Subs
Ranked #123 of 1,719 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Deli, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Our whole family loves this place for the people and awesome food. The pizza is great, but the hidden jewel is the steak or chicken cheesesteak deluxe. Everything is well seasoned and delicious. This is a must have when you come to Richmond.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

Everyone has their favorite pizza style. And no 2 are ever alike. I love the pizza from here. Always tastes the same :)) and it always pleases. This is not one of those fancy mango tomatillo with kale pizza places. This restaurant has been open for maybe 30 years. They have a huge carry out clientele. We all know what we will get. This is my local little neighborhood italian pizza place. And I love it!

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Pizza and beer on a Friday night - what could be better! It was busy up until after 7:30 and then it thinned out. Many locals were getting takeout when we got there and waited about 15 minutes. This was my third time there and we really like it. No, it is NOT authentic NY pizza, and the thin crust isn't really thin (especially if you are from the northeast), but it is really really good. I cannot vouch for the sandwiches but the pizza was perfect for me. I read here that someone had a soggy pizza - not me! Great taste and great service each time ... even on a busy Friday night.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Waitress was rude and acted bothered the whole meal. At one point she walked past us with a cigarette and lit it as she was on her way out the back door before the had even walked out. The whole back dining room smelled like smoke for 10-15 minutes after that little venture she went on. On top of all of that, the kitchen staff uses bare hands for everything from taking food out of the oven, to making the pizza crust. Seems a little unsanitary to me. Overall very negative experience. Chicken philly sub was a C- at best.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

Decided to give it try based on reviews & stray from my preferred pizza place (Stuzzi's). Unfortunately, it was disappointing, The crust though described as thin was too thick. It's possible to get over that but not the sogginess of the pizza. Simply, there was no bite, no crispiness factor, just one big soggy mess. They were generous with toppings so no gripe there. But I don't want a soggy pizza. As for the salad, just a typical salad. Olives were plain old black & green & the cheese, which I was expecting to be shredded was pieces instead. I really like a freshly shredded mozzarella or provolone (and yes freshly shredded is not dried out like those that come packaged and already shredded - there is a difference) but that wasn't the case. Looks like I'm sticking with Stuzzi's.