“Excellent meat & friendly staff”

Buckhead's Restaurant & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Buckhead's Restaurant & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 1,752 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Parham and Patterson
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We had twice in last week foreign guests from Europe and Monday and Friday night. I have got cowboy cut rib eye - bone in and it was excellent and cooked to perfection.. last nite tried New York strip that was also very good.. I can say that #Buckheads is the best meat place in Richmond VA

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Been twice, and each time had a wonderful time. The service was first rate, the menu wonderfully varied but still full of the classics, and the food was excellent, better than excellent. But what separates this place from everywhere else I have been in Richmond is the wine list. I have not seen a list like this in decades. The decor has been de-emphasized and could not be called snazzy. But one goes for the food and drink,not the decor. And, one last thing, if possible, save room for dessert and a dessert drink. Or take some home.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We were here last week for an absolutely delicious dinner. My husband had the filet mignon and he said it was the best filet he had ever eaten. I ordered the halibut special and it was delicious. The service was impeccable. We were a party of four and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their dinner. highly recommended.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We went to Buckheads after receiving a gift card there. We had never heard of them before but the reviews were positive! There were definite highs and lows to the experience. Some things were fantastic, others not what I expect from a fancy, expensive steakhouse. What was mediocre was mediocre, but what was good DAMN was it good.

Mediocre: It was very dark and drab in the restaurant to start. There was a lengthy wait in between courses considering how empty the restaurant was. I felt the waiter could have been more attentive. My extra side was forgotten and then took so long to be made that it didn't come until the end of the meal (waiter took it off the bill). The crab cakes were crab cakes, the veggies were veggies, the salad was salad, the potatoes were potatoes. Creme brulee was meh. Sides are pricey.

DAMN good: what you came there for.... the STEAK. I got Steak au poive (?)- filet mignon crusted in black pepper with a vermouth glaze. BEST STEAK EVER. We went over a month ago and I still dream about it, that kind of steak. My creamed spinach (that had to be taken off the bill since it didn't come until the end of the meal) ended up being worth the wait- AMAZING. Considering how much food we got, I actually think it was a fairly priced meal (an appetizer, two salads, bread, two steaks, two alcoholic beverages, and dessert for $140). Looking forward to going back for our anniversary this year

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I had dinner here solo on a recent business trip to Richmond. Nice atmosphere and very good service. I ordered the Chesapeake crab cakes, and they were great. The restaurant has an extensive wine list, including several available by the glass. Nice decor - original, but classy -- definitely not a clone-type restaurant -- I got a kick out their using Blanton's whiskey bottle stoppers on the mouthwash in the rest rooms!