“Top Quality Food in a Charming Atmosphere”
Review of Nacho Mama's

Nacho Mama's
Ranked #333 of 1,743 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Very reasonably priced - we had lunch on a Friday. It was cold outside but cozy inside. Lots of variety on the menu. I have never had better chips – – salsa was good too. The cheese enchiladas haunt me still in their deliciousness— none of that processed cheese I fear elsewhere. Owner Raul introduced himself— our server Tyrone couldn’t have been more accommodating. From now on it will be my go-to dining choice whenever I can get to Richmond. In a word: YUM!!!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Waited at least forty five minutes and our meal never came. We did get queso which waa disgusting. Easily the worst restaurant experience we've had in Richmond. EN su Boca is better. Don't look back is the best but is closed because of a fire so we gave this a shot. Never again.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I each had the Hungry Hombre. Lots of food, very delicious and hot (temperature wise not spicy). Service was pretty quick for a Saturday night.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

This generally has been my favorite Mexican restaurant in Richmond. I have to eat gluten free and at one time the menus designated gluten free options. However, this is no longer the case. My wife and I dined there on a Sunday night and both ordered the Arroz con pollo, my favorite dish. It comes with refried beans and a small lettuce salad consisting of shredded iceburg lettuce and tomatoes. When our dish arrived, the salad consisted of browning iceburg lettuce. I didn't send mine back, because I rarely eat this, but my wife sent hers back and received very fresh looking salad. However, her beans were now cold and she complained and received fresh beans. The food was good as usual, but I'm concerned about a kitchen staff that would plate brown, almost rotten looking lettuce. Is this a sign of a downturn in the quality of the food and service at this restaurant? I hope not. Will give them another chance.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Food is good but nothing special. Very salty even for Mexican food. Atmosphere is fun & location is great for shopping. Service was very good. Drinks were delicious - especially the frozen sangria - a cross between traditional sangria and a marguerita.