“Hospital Room Rate”

Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 18 June 2017

My Mom has a lot of health issues; she lives far away. So, when her appointments are here I will rent her a hotel room close to me to ensure she is most comfortable. I like this Best Western because they offer a reasonable hospital room rate for people like Mom. And, some of the room are very large. It smells clean when you walk in and I think for the most part it is a clean facility; but, sometimes guests (I and my Mom's super sensitive eyes) will catch something that appears to have been overlooked for a long time. For example, outside the window for Room 316 (not sure how) there is a pile of cigarette buds. Mom has asthma; so, no. The tubs are clean but you can see that detail to cleanliness is missing since there some unclean spots.

Our overall experiences are very good, however. An example of this just happened this week; for whatever reason, the key would not unlock the door. I did not want to move Mom; she'd just had a procedure and wasn't feeling good. But, the hotel clerk stated that we had to move since the locked door with no access (even her hotel key failed to work) could be a safety hazard. I was not happy! We made an agreement that I would only move Mom if we got the Jacuzzi room on the 1st floor; and we did. It was wonderful! That room is super quiet and is gigantic; it has a pull out sofa and enough space to place over several (or more) air mattress. The tub was enormous. We were very comfortable. And, we were right off the kitchen.

Their free breakfast is incredible; you can make your own waffles. They have cereal, juices, milk, coffee, bacon, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, nuts, toast, biscuits (with/without gravy), pastry, muffins, grits, and fruit. All hot foods are hot! It tastes good too.

It was very easy to communicate with the hotel clerk who in turn did an awesome job communicating to her off duty supervisor about our needs. I expected to be given a hard time and a big fight; but nope. Thankfully!

Room Tip: Ask for end rooms or the room for the disabled; those are larger. And, if you can afford it ask for...
1  Thank Minty J
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank you for leaving your review for our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am sorry to hear of the issues that you and your Mom encountered at our hotel. I am sorry that you had to move but also delighted to hear that you enjoyed staying in the Jacuzzi room. Whenever there is an issue at our property, we do try to make the process for the guest as smooth as possible. In asking you to move, the main concern was your Safety and Security. In the event of an Emergency, we wanted to make sure that we were able to get into your room quickly and if our keys wouldn't let us in the room either, that was a big concern for us. Again, I apologize for the issues you had but hopefully we have rectified all the issues so that they will not happen again in the future. We do hope that you will return to us in the future. Again, thank you for leaving your review.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

This hotel was difficult to locate and when I did find it, the room was not very clean, the Wi-Fi did not work most of the time and the TV remote was dead. No staff checked the room during my entire stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for leaving your review on Trip Advisor for our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am sorry to hear that your room wasn't up to cleanliness standards and that you had issues with the Wi-Fi and TV Remote not working. I understand how frustrating that can be when you arrive to a room and it is not up to standards. I certainly do apologize about these issues. I will definitely be speaking to my team regarding the issues with the room. Again, thank you for leaving your review.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We have stayed here many times. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and the breakfast is great. The property sits behind a car wash and is a little hard to find the first time. Watch out for the dip in the pavement when you enter off the roadway.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you for leaving your review on Trip Advisor for our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am so happy to hear that you liked your stay with us and that my Team was able to provide you with such great service. It is a pleasure taking care of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Again, thank you for leaving your review.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Not sure if this hotel is just old and remodeled, or made to look old. Either wat the atmosphere was great.

Rooms were cute and clean, bed was very comfortable.

Only complaint was the walls are VERY thin. The people next door were having some sort of party/gathering and had to complain multiple times. Hate it when hotels do nothing to buffer sound.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for leaving your review on Trip Advisor for our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am very happy to hear about all the things that you enjoyed about our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the noise and the people next to you that bothered your rest and comfort. I will pass on your concerns to upper Management regarding the sounds that can be easily heard through the walls. I hope that you will return to us in the future. Again, thank you for leaving your review for our hotel.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

This is a great place to stay and a great price. The breakfeast is free and it is awsome. The rooms are very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. We have stayed here a few times throughout out the years and this is the best deal in the Richmond area. I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Thank you so much for leaving your review on Trip Advisor for our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. My team works really hard to provide 100% Superior Customer Care to all of our guests. I will share your review with my team so that they may see what great work they are doing. We hope to see you again in the future.Again, thank you for leaving your review.