My Mom has a lot of health issues; she lives far away. So, when her appointments are here I will rent her a hotel room close to me to ensure she is most comfortable. I like this Best Western because they offer a reasonable hospital room rate for people like Mom. And, some of the room are very large. It smells clean when you walk in and I think for the most part it is a clean facility; but, sometimes guests (I and my Mom's super sensitive eyes) will catch something that appears to have been overlooked for a long time. For example, outside the window for Room 316 (not sure how) there is a pile of cigarette buds. Mom has asthma; so, no. The tubs are clean but you can see that detail to cleanliness is missing since there some unclean spots.
Our overall experiences are very good, however. An example of this just happened this week; for whatever reason, the key would not unlock the door. I did not want to move Mom; she'd just had a procedure and wasn't feeling good. But, the hotel clerk stated that we had to move since the locked door with no access (even her hotel key failed to work) could be a safety hazard. I was not happy! We made an agreement that I would only move Mom if we got the Jacuzzi room on the 1st floor; and we did. It was wonderful! That room is super quiet and is gigantic; it has a pull out sofa and enough space to place over several (or more) air mattress. The tub was enormous. We were very comfortable. And, we were right off the kitchen.
Their free breakfast is incredible; you can make your own waffles. They have cereal, juices, milk, coffee, bacon, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, nuts, toast, biscuits (with/without gravy), pastry, muffins, grits, and fruit. All hot foods are hot! It tastes good too.
It was very easy to communicate with the hotel clerk who in turn did an awesome job communicating to her off duty supervisor about our needs. I expected to be given a hard time and a big fight; but nope. Thankfully!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a most Remarkable stay at the Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, where Hospitality is second nature to us. Our Friendly Associates are always available to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Tastefully furnished in Warm Tones, Rich Woods, and Stone Masonry, the Best Western Plus Governor's Inn creates a Cozy and Welcoming Atmosphere. Whether coming for Business or Pleasure, you will enjoy your stay at the Best Western Plus Governor's Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Governor's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Governor`s Hotel Richmond
- Best Western Governors Hotel
- Best Western Richmond
- Richmond Best Western