Free cancellation until 29/07
The Jefferson Hotel(Richmond)
US$275
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewscar washsecond buildingfront deskmidlothian turnpikebreakfast roommake your own wafflesan older hotelgreat place to stayrichmond areacomfortable roomscomplimentary breakfaststay there againyogurtroom was largecoffee makerfirst floornice stay
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Have stayed at this hotel before-that is why we keep coming back .Have never had any problems at all. Very clean and very good service! Close to popular eateries, malls, and antique shops. parks and even a hospital if needed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review on Trip Advisor regarding our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure having you with us again. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel by returning to us when you are in the Richmond, Virginia area. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time out to leave your review for us.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Not Good location the sign to the entrance was un-noticeable. Outdated décor, and the smell of mill dew in the area. The heavy carpeting needs to be updated with wood floors in the hallways. The pullout bed was so dirty with stains on the sheets! YUKS!! The hotel supplied towels for 3 people but soap for 1 person. We left the room at 1pm and it was never cleaned. No fresh towels, no replenishing the soap and no garbage taken out. Nobody bothered to return and clean up the room. The staff was too unprofessional arguing with customer in front of me and others! There dress attire was extremely messy, tightfitting jeans, dirty shirts, sitting out front with customers, and joining in conversations. Just messy!! Unprofessional Staff

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback on Trip Advisor for our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not a pleasant one. I researched the issues that you listed in your review. I was advised that you were given the opportunity to cancel your reservation without penalty as you stated you were unaware that your Family Reunion also had rooms blocked at another hotel directly across the street from us. I do agree that our signage is very hard to see, we have fought with the County for several years about letting us increase the size of the signage but they will not budge, so unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the signage. Upon researching on why your room was not serviced, Housekeeping went to your room to service it at 3 different times (9am, 1pm & 2pm before the Housekeeper left for the day) on Saturday and your door had a Do Not Disturb Sign on there. My Housekeeping team is not allowed to enter rooms that have Do Not Disturb signs on the doors. We do have Front Desk Agents on Duty 24 hours a day in the event you should need extra amenities or replenished amenities. I will address any issues of my Employees Uniform attire and Employees sitting out front with guests however my Employees here are very friendly and accommodating to my guests, they do try to make every guest feel like they are coming home so engaging in conversation with the guests or even sitting outside with them on break is actually showing great Customer Service. I am sorry that you do not feel the same. Their dress attire is definitely an issue I can address as well as any type of negative behavior towards any guest. Again, I am sorry if you did not have a good experience with us.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I spent a very pleasant few days at the Governor's Inn - the reception staff were great and my room was spacious, suitably equipped and kept clean. No restaurant on site but some good places to eat nearby. Plenty of parking space. I was touring the Richmond Civil War Battlefields and this proved to be the perfect place to base myself. The only issue I have is - throw-away paper plates and cups at breakfast! But, this is something that seems prevalent at some US hotels and a small price to pay for a really good establishment.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Trip Advisor for our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your concerns regarding the paper plates and cups at Breakfast but you are correct in that most of the hotels utilize paper plates and cups in their Breakfast area. I hope that you will be back in the future for another visit. Again, thank you for leaving your review for our hotel.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Richmond is a place to visit if you either have business or a specific reason to go. This hotel would be fine for either. But don't bother with Richmond as a tourist stop. Stay on the interstate and go to Petersburg or Fredericksburg.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for leaving your feedback on Trip Advisor for our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am sorry that you didn't like the selections that Richmond has to offer as far as Tourist stops. We do have a lot to offer in the Downtown Area of Richmond to visit as far as Museums, Shopping, and other unique places to visit. Maybe next time if you are in the area, we could give you some recommendations on areas to visit as Downtown Richmond is approximately 20 minutes or less from our Hotel. There are other sites throughout Richmond that you could also visit and explore. Again, thank you for leaving your review for our hotel.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I had a good stay here. Check in was a little slow due to a glitch with the computer but otherwise it was okay. It's an older hotel but the room was clean. In addition, there was a microwave and refrigerator which is convenient. The AC was a bit loud but it worked! Complimentary breakfast, free parking and a copy of USA Today!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Trip Advisor for our Hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry about the difficulties at Check In with the glitch in the Computer. When that happens it does slow down the Check In process while we make every attempt to rectify the issue. I am sorry this happened to you. I will definitely pass on to my Maintenance Team regarding the noisy HVAC Unit, so that we may find the cause of the issue and get it taken care of so that no one else will have to deal with that same issue. We do look forward to seeing you again in the future. Again, thank you for leaving your review for our hotel.