Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
  • Restaurant
US$105
US$146
US$125
All reviewscar washsecond buildingfront deskmidlothian turnpikebreakfast roommake your own wafflesan older hotelgreat place to stayrichmond areacomfortable roomscomplimentary breakfaststay there againyogurtcoffee makerfirst floornice stayroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I stayed here for one night with my wife and two small children. I chose this location after reading the very good reviews and the low price which was available for the Saturday evening I was looking for. Here is a summary of my stay:

Hospitality: A+. Many reviewers mention the great staff, from Mark at the front desk to the staff running the breakfast, the staff was excellent.

Room: The room was clean enough but the A/C system was not working properly and couldn't maintain the correct temperature. The room is dated but adequate for the price we paid. The best was comfortable but the pillows were lumpy.

Area: This is why I can't recommend this hotel. The area is not very good. I knew that before I booked, the Midlothian area is not nice. When you stay in a not nice area, the other people also staying at the hotel might not be nice either. When we tried to sleep around 10:00pm, I could hear booming music. I thought it was coming from the dance event on the first floor but when I left the room to go talk to the front desk, I realized it was coming from the room next to me. I asked the front desk just to allow me to change to another room but instead they insisted on knocking on the door and telling the guests to turn down the music. I knew that this would result in issues as the entire night at random moments the people would beside us would start banging on the wall. Obviously, they wanted to make a point that they were not happy we complained. All night long. And at 2:30am, it seems like people checked into the other room next to us and it was obvious they had just come back from a night of partying. They were so loud for the next hour. It was a horrible night and my wife insisted I never book another room based on price.

The hotel staff is excellent, but they are not enough to overcome the seedy area where the hotel is located. If you must stay in Midlothian, I guess this place is adequate, but otherwise, stay in Downtown Richmond or Airport area for a nicer location.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you for leaving your review on Trip Advisor for our Hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. Your Satisfaction is very important to us and I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations. I am so sorry to hear that you were bothered by noise from other guests during your stay. That is not the impression that we want our guests to ever have about our hotel. Again, my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this caused you and your family during your stay with us. We definitely take all of our reviews seriously and will address any issues on the Hotel's end that we need to. Thank you again for leaving your review for us.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Exceeded our every expectation! Very clean, loved the architecture, best continental breakfast that we have ever had! Food was kept hot, all of the trays were always full and they had SO many choices!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lori_Gantz-Shelton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you so much for leaving your review on Trip Advisor for our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am so happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. My team works really hard to provide 100% Superior Customer Care and they really take pride in what they do. We made many changes to the Breakfast and I am happy to know that those changes have been successful and that you were pleased. We hope that you will return again in the future. Again, thank you for leaving your review for our hotel.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This was my second stay at this hotel. Both times the hotel was clean, the breakfast delicious, and the staff top-notch! Mark was the welcoming smile that checked us in and even got us a room upgrade! I highly recommend this hotel, not only for its great staff but also convenient location.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for leaving your review on Trip Advisor for our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. We really appreciate you staying with us. I am so happy that Mark provided you with 100% Superior Customer Care. He is an asset to our team and we are so lucky to have him. I am glad that you enjoyed your Breakfast as well and that everything was nice and clean for you. We do hope that you will return again in the future. Again, thank you for leaving your review.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

The hotel front desk staff was very nice and professional. Plenty of parking, free breakfast, Directv and I had a nice size room (Could use new carpet). The only real issue I had was that the room smelled badly of smoke (Non Smoking Room) and the smell never went away during my 2 night stay. This might have been limited to the room I was staying in, but the cleaning staff should have fixed the smell before renting the room out as there is no way they could not have noticed it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for leaving your review on Trip Advisor for our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am happy to see the things that you enjoyed about your stay. I do sincerely apologize for the smell of smoke in your room. We are 100% Non Smoking Hotel and I apologize if we had someone violate this policy. We do charge accordingly for violating this policy. My Housekeeping Team has special procedures on how to handle rooms that have been smoked in. I am sorry that your room was not completely disinfected as it should of been and not reported appropriately so that additional measures can be taken to get the smell out of there. I do hope that you will return to us again in the future so that we can demonstrate a better experience for you. Again, thank you for leaving your review.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Loved the character of this hotel as well as the cleanliness! The breakfast had a nice variety and was well stocked. with staff available if you had any questions. Great place to stay. Would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for leaving your review on Trip Advisor for our hotel, Best Western Plus Governor's Inn, Richmond, Va. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team believes in providing 100% Superior Customer Care to our guests and I am happy to see your visit was no exception. We hope that you will return to see us again whenever you are in the area. Again thank you for leaving your review for our hotel.