“Never Again”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Visited the restaurant for the first time in a group of 7. Had a reservation at 8 p.m. First of all, they don't greet you when you arrive. I guess regulars know to wait by the door until they come to you....which can take a long time. We sat by the door watching confused people all night. We were told by phone that for larger parties, the meals were family style which we were fine with. Learned when we got there that family style means that we can't have more than 4 entrees . So we were left looking at a menu with no descriptions trying to figure out how much to get to feed our party. Service was terrible. We had to go to the limited bar for drinks a couple of times. They were only serving two kinds of wine so if you wanted something else, you were out of luck. After 80 minutes our food started coming out. We were done with one dish before the next one came. Most dishes had way to much garlic and salt. I didn't have anything I'd want to have again. Place was loud. Not impressed.

1  Thank JD12153

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Went with extended family to the sister restaurant of Mama zu. Brighter/louder and equal the flavour. Caprese with Hanover tomatoes. Pasta brocoletti/shrimp, rockfish Bronzino were outstanding! The quail and the sausage with polenta were also very good. Expect standoffish but proper service. Not to be missed!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Have not had a bad experience yet. Yes the place is loud. We go a little early before the level goes up. Sound deadening boards on the walls would be something to try. Meals are fresh and plenty of it. Its a must try if in Richmond

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Edo's is an awesome restaurant which was why me and a few friends returned a second time, along with my Kitchen Sous Chef and a few of our fellow servers friends). Just like the first visit, the Food and Atmosphere was great. We tend to stop here on our way back home to NC from Kings Dominion. The Food has always been exceptional and the Service, until this visit! Our Waitress brought her attitude to the table along with her pen and pad. I wasn't at the table when we were initially greeted, I'm not to sure of her name. (Tattoos on her hands) But she did not represent the Restaurant nor the Head Chef preparing the delicious entrees for the dinning guest. Dinner started at 5:30 pm and we had just gotten there for dinner shortly after 7 pm. Given we had a large group, we had to order the Family Style Option. Which worked out awesome. Few hiccups, but nothing that couldn't be ironed out. We were told we could order only 4 entrees and more could be brought out if needed. We weren't offered more. We gave her some compliments on the dishes and her response was... ("I seem to think our chef know's what he's doing"!?!) and when we requested another bread basket... Who knew it wasn't FREE!? (Sure, Its not like its FREE,When we run out , we run out!) So I kindly asked her to put the Break baskets on the Bill, it wasn't a problem... although it seemed like we were being a problem, More so just felt like we were being Rushed out.. We Dine out all the time and all Types of restaurants, But no matter the kind of shift,day im having. I would not let my table see that show on my face or personality. We still Tip her, It could have been more... Thanks for thanking the time to read this.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Eight of us came to celebrate our daughter's high school graduation held at VCU nearby. Because we were more than 5 they made us order family style. The waitress did a horrible job at explaining how to order. She kept coming back and explaining it and making it more confusing each time. She was a bit rude and would cut us off mid sentence and announce she had to go do something. The more she talked the less we understood. It became the joke of the table because it was so unbelievably confusing.

She finally talked us into ordering three sets of two orders of the dishes we wanted. We got penne with garlic oil and broccoli. I don't even like Broccoli and it was delicious. We got eggplant parm which I also don't like. I tasted it and liked it! We also got two orders of spaghetti marinara. The spaghetti is so delicious! She only brought one spaghetti order to the table. We reminded here that she talked us into two orders of each dish and she said that we never said that.

So she says she will put the order in. I said well you might as well make it meat sauce since the order wasn't put in yet. So then she comes out with two more orders than what we asked for.

I literally have never been so confused in my life. All eight of us were baffled. I have a masters degree from Hopkins so it isn't like we are dumb people.

It wound up being funny but if I ever went back it would be with less than five people so I could just order one entree of what I actually want to eat.

With all this said the food was some of the best pasta I have ever had and I am Italian and particular! The chefs did an amazing job!

I didn't eat the cannoli because I was too full but everyone loved it.

The bread was also very tasty.

Definitely give it a try. This would be five starts if it weren't for our waitress. Great loud fun vibe and amazing food at a fair price.

Beware I didn't see a handicapped entrance and it would be impossible for someone who is handicapped tonuse the tiny bathroom.