“Always a favorite for perfectly cooked food”
Review of Edo's Squid

Edo's Squid
Ranked #68 of 1,640 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Squid is in the restaurant's name and they deliver on the calamari and anything else with seafood. The fried squid is superb, with the batter excellently seasoned and the squid portions fried to perfection. They recommend trying it alone, without any dipping sauce, and it is great all by itself, but a side of the chunky marinara also hits the spot. One of my long-time faves is the clams with white sauce. Generous portions of fresh clams in a bowl with loads of olive oil, perfect seasoning and garlic (enough to keep you vampire proof for 48 hours), keep this dish on my repeat list. The salads are superb and the daily specials, written on the flip charts on the wall rarely, if ever disappoint. Prices are good, too. The only knock is the neighborhood and the construction and tough parking. But, it's everything you want in a great hole-in-the-wall restaurant.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Sarah's list of favorites for lunch. Her Mom and I had the seafood specials. Parking are little difficult with the construction around. Not too busy at 12:30 but reservations recommended.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The food was great I would recommend in the summer to get softshell crab and the rockfish, the service was great

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I was completely blown away at the caliber of food, and service. Our server Adrian was so knowledgeable, and friendly. It was an amazing experience, and I highly recommend you go; you will not be disappointed. Oh, and get the Tiramisu, it's to die for!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Visited the restaurant for the first time in a group of 7. Had a reservation at 8 p.m. First of all, they don't greet you when you arrive. I guess regulars know to wait by the door until they come to you....which can take a long time. We sat by the door watching confused people all night. We were told by phone that for larger parties, the meals were family style which we were fine with. Learned when we got there that family style means that we can't have more than 4 entrees . So we were left looking at a menu with no descriptions trying to figure out how much to get to feed our party. Service was terrible. We had to go to the limited bar for drinks a couple of times. They were only serving two kinds of wine so if you wanted something else, you were out of luck. After 80 minutes our food started coming out. We were done with one dish before the next one came. Most dishes had way to much garlic and salt. I didn't have anything I'd want to have again. Place was loud. Not impressed.

1  Thank JD12153