“Perfect comfort food”
Review of Talley's - CLOSED

Talley's
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Talley's is now on our favorite restaurants list. Everything about the meal was perfection. The fried okra and macaroni and cheese are not to be missed. The portions were large and the prices reasonable. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Simply put the food is interesting but not so much so to be overwhelming. I am a fan of any place that does vegetables well, especially ones with a little twist. I had the tomato pie as my entrée and chose three sides when one would have done. The portions are generous. I heated up the leftovers for a complete meal the next night. Service was excellent. I look forward to returning soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We live just down the street but haven't had a chance to try Talley's until this week. It was overall O.K. Loved the Pimento Cheese app, Fried Green tomatoes were pretty good. The chicken was dry and the brisket was too thinly cut but both had good flavor. The biscuit was awful, pretty sure that had been sitting all day. The mac n cheese was great but the cheese sauce on the broccoli was like a jelly more than a sauce. We also had dessert but the home-style slice of cake was not worth the $7 we paid for it. $100 later, we were not impressed.

Again, it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. We did see some sandwich options on the menu that looked appealing so we may return and try again - at least we know the apps are good.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

We live in the neighborhood and when we have passed this restaurant it appears to be full. The menu looks comforting. We expected a comfort meal. Every aspect of our experience was disappointing.

We walked in a few minutes after six on a Saturday night and only two other tables had guests. That was surprising. Our server brought menus and water and asked if we wanted anything else to drink. My husband ordered lemonade so I asked what kind of lemonade (this is a southern style home style menu) and the waitress truthfully said probably Tropicana, as in the kind that comes out of the soft drink machine. We ordered fried green tomatoes for appetizer that had a strange sweet sauce and as my daughter said "I can't taste the tomato". We then proceeded to wait an hour for our entrees. Our son kept asking us when dinner would arrive. The restaurant was still not busy but our waitress did not resurface until she brought our dinner at nearly 7:15. Our food was lukewarm at best. Our son had the full rack of baby back ribs from the specials menu. He loves BBQ but this may have been his first experience with dry rub rather than wet sauce. He ate a few ribs but left more than ¾ his meal untouched. I tried it - very salty. My husband had hanger steak with broccoli and cheese sauce as one of his sides. He said the broccoli appeared to have been frozen and the sauce unappealing he left it on his plate. My daughter loves tomato cheese pie but ate less than half hers because the taste and texture were unusual and unappealing. She also ordered baked apples - who doesn't love those but even the baked apples stayed on her plate. Both kids had mac and cheese as sides. That was nothing special but at least it was okay so they ate all of that. My kids are adventurous eaters and not picky eaters so this isn't a case of the food being unfamiliar. It just wasn't good. I had the brisket. It was okay but I didn't choose to finish it. I felt the same about the campfire baked beans from the special menu and the carrot raisin slaw (has onions that don't bother me but I imagine others might not like it).

I am glad we tried Talley's Meat and Three because it seemed like a potential good "go to" spot for nights when we want something comforting without the effort of cooking. However, we won't be back. Our server was inattentive and probably the reason our food was cold. I can give a restaurant another try by avoiding the same wait staff. Any spot can have a bad night but I don't believe that was the case here because the fundamental ingredients were not appealing. The food just wasn't good. Maybe this is why the spot was relatively empty at prime time on a Saturday.

I don't remember the last time I was disappointed by both the food and the service of a restaurant.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Great staff...menu has good choices on paper, many different options. Ordered the fried shrimp, fries and collard greens with cornbread. Shrimp came out burnt, fries were cold, cornbread was awful. Was too hungry to send it back. Greens weren't bad. I was here with a large group so maybe that came into play. Doubt that I will try it again...maybe I caught them on a busy day.