“Excellent”

Mordecai
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Montefalco
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Small restaurant, with 4 tables inside. We enjoyed a lunch of pasta with white ragu. This was delicious and served in great pasta bowl. Friendly service by the chef. Nice atmosphere and music and artworks.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

A lovely place with a nice terrace in the heart of Montefalco. Excellent and original food and great wines, the best Lasagna I ever taste! Highly recommended on your trip in Montefalco.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

charming spot in MOntefalco. We sat outside and enjoyed spinach and cheese ravioli in sage and butter sauce, steak tartare, and delicious local wine for lunch.
The menu was varied, and everything from the service to the ambience was excellent.

Highly recommend

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Great cozy place with just four tables and fantastic service and food. Lunch was truly delicious. We had prosciutto, which was the best we have had on our trip; the truffle omelet, perfectly cooked with wonderful and surprisingly subtle flavor; a very fresh salad with a delicious herb called raperonzole that I've never seen before; and a few other dishes we loved as well. Everything was simply perfect. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and took the time to accommodate my allergies to gluten and dairy.

At the end of the meal I had a bit of an accident: my necklace fell down the sink drain in the bathroom! Needless to say I was very embarrassed but the waiter (owner?) helped me out right away and heroically retrieved it for me. He really saved the day for me and it was very much appreciated.

I would absolutely recommend this wonderful little place to anyone visiting Spoleto.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

My Italian friends from Foligno recently brought me to Mordecai for dinner. This quaint restaurant is tucked into a romantic street in town and is located a very short distance from the main piazza. The food and service were nothing short of a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I plan to return before leaving Umbria.