All reviews bus stop budget apartment one bedroom apartment fridge freezer air conditioning fresh fruit pay extra guesthouse balcony island malta taxis cooker bath fi dryer
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I spent 7 nights at Porto del Sol. I keep good memories about this place. Pros: really nice view, close to bus station (right in front of the hotel), free wi-fi, low prices, good for self-catering. Cons: the aspect of the room could be improved (it didn't matter for us how the room looked, as long as we had all facilities we need), you have to pay extra if you need air conditioning or hair drier
I've read before my trip that it's difficult to sleep well at night because of the noise - we didn't have a problem with that, even if I have a easily disturbed sleep. Also, I've read that some people had issuses with hot water or fridge. Everything functioned well, we didn't had problems with them.

Room tip: studio standard with seaview
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wizz Tours
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed a Porto del Sol in September. The place was as we expected without any major problems. The kitchen stool was a little bit old and the fridge as well, but the rest of the room was in a good condition. The highlight of the room was the balcony with a great view of the sea, perfect for open air breakfast. If you’re just looking for a place to sleep for a fair price, than this is the place for you. The bus stop is just downstairs, so you can reach every location on the island very quickly. At night the room can be noise, because the guesthouse is next to the main road. All in all we had a great time at Porto del Sol.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank annagE1194XF
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Porto Del Sol is a nice guest with beautiful sea views and a very good restaurant. The atmosphere is nice and cosy . The food is excellent and a very good service and the prices are good. Highly recomended.

Room tip: Rooms with sea view
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jonathan S, Public Relations Manager at Porto del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay & the meals at Porto Del Sol.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Living in Mellieha I passed this restaurant nearly every day on my way home, lately I noticed that they were renovating the restaurant, I thought why not go and see what they were up to as I had not been there for at least five years, I had fond memories of nice dinners with friends at Porto del Sol, on going back, the restaurant has been re decorated, it looks fresh, welcoming, and better still a new menu that I discovered was designed by their new young chef, which promised to be a interesting evening.
We were shown to our table, very quick and attentive service without being obtrusive. We ordered smoked salmon starter with avocado, beetroot, yogurt and quinoa, and for seconds I had grilled salmon with octopus and lentil cassoulet while my partner ordered sea bass fillet with haricots vert, while waiting we were served a oven grilled bruschetta with the most delicious whipped ricotta with cherry tomatoes and micro herbs perfect start, and already the chef is showing promise, our starter was out of this world, interesting complex and delicious, our seconds were just as good, perfectly cooked fish and great lentils and octopus, which really worked well together. The sea bass was also very good with crisp haricot vert. I could not manage dessert so we shared a torta della nonna definitely not to to be missed, all these wonderful dishes is going to make this a definite stop on my way home.

Date of stay: December 2017
Jonathan S, Public Relations Manager at Porto del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your review and for your positive comments. We are glad that you had an enjoyable evening and that you were impressed with the food and the new look. We look forward to welcoming you back again at Porto Del Sol in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2017

I had a nice studio with little pentry. The room was ok and the best wiev from balcony ever possible. Problem was that you could only take a short shower and no bath. Water heatener was small or weak. Beds were not comfortable but i slept well anyway. There is also a lot of trafficnoise beacause the street is the main street to Cirkewwa ferries and has heavy traffic. Bus stop with busses all over island and to Mellieha beach just opposite hotel and a foodstore 50 meter away. There is also pizzeria, cafe nearby and fresh fruit and vegetable market close by.

Room tip: best are rooms on 4th floor for best wiev and all rooms have seawiev.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you liked your room and will take note of your comments and improvement suggestions.

Bets regards,